Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Need help with helmets

Article about: [QUOTE The markings on the last photo read AMC 1941, anyone have any idea what AMC is and is 1941 the date on issue/manufacture.[/QUOTE] made by Austin Motor co, here is a link for Zukermans

?

Default Re: Need help with helmets

Found this link;
    http://www.militaryheadgear.com/items/4382
    The picture is exactly the same as mine including the black tar like substance so what exactly is the "black stuff" on there for/why is it there?
    other than that it gives little information of any use.

Its the liner that's the MK111, its not for riots but for the cold war if it became hot the same as in WW11 they had the MK.11 helmets. And they are quite common, they are wrong the MK.1V was not used in WW11. Here is a link to my police helmets. ww11 Police helmets

The black stuff is were it has been sat in the stores for years with another helmet sat on top of it, its the liner that is perishing.

?

thanks, I thought it was a MkIII liner, still unsure about the manufacture REM. Is there any way of removing the black stuff without causing too much damage?

Unfortunately I haven't got a list for cold war liner manufacturers hopefully someone els has and can tell us. I have never triad to remove the black stuff off a helmet mostly all I ever do to them is a wipe over with a oily cloth for fear of damaging them.

?

MkII liners were also made post war aswell, but it seems whether they are MkII or MkIV liners if they were made during the 40's the rubber buffers on the outside of the liner then these buffers don't have numbers on them, it seems only 50's made liner buffers have these numbers.
    Aaron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help with helmets   Need help with helmets  

Need help with helmets   Need help with helmets  

Need help with helmets  

?

Here's a MKIV liner.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help with helmets   Need help with helmets  

Need help with helmets   Need help with helmets  

Need help with helmets  

Isn't that a MK.111 liner.

?

It's got lift the dot so must be a MkIV

?

Oops your right MkIII liner, here's some pics of a MkIV dated 1945 with the low chin strap lugs & lift the dot liner but the shell is stamped III. The MkIII shells must have stopped production & the shells left over were put straight into the MkIV production line.

Need help with helmets  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast