Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Need Help with M1 Helmet Liner!

Article about: Hi guys I'm a complete newbie with military relics. Today I went to a respected Military antiques store in Toronto and bought an M1 helmet and liner supposed to be vietnam era. The shell is

The helmet looks European with GI straps added. The gray looks really fresh for a used navy, those helmets took a lot of hits against metal and sea water abuse. I would like to see a close up of the swivel loops.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    The helmet looks European with GI straps added. The gray looks really fresh for a used navy, those helmets took a lot of hits against metal and sea water abuse. I would like to see a close up of the swivel loops.

Marty
    Thanks Marty...I'll get a closeup of the swivel loops in an hour when I get home.

Hi Marty... here's a few closeup pics. What do you think? US or foreign?Need Help with M1 Helmet Liner!Need Help with M1 Helmet Liner!Need Help with M1 Helmet Liner!Need Help with M1 Helmet Liner!Need Help with M1 Helmet Liner!Need Help with M1 Helmet Liner!
    Last edited by fullspectrum; 02-01-2019 at 03:20 AM.

The helmet is US, I’m just not sure about the gray paint and finish on the helmet. The helmet will display well.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    The helmet is US, I’m just not sure about the gray paint and finish on the helmet. The helmet will display well.

Marty
    Thanks Marty I appreciate it. I didn't pay that much for it but I was expecting it to be US issue at least.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2