Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

New addition to my growing family of Mk II helmets

Article about: While the misses and I were out looking for wedding rings yesterday at antique stores I came upon this little gem another nice example of an ARP helmet to add to my collection. The writing o

?

Default New addition to my growing family of Mk II helmets

While the misses and I were out looking for wedding rings yesterday at antique stores I came upon this little gem another nice example of an ARP helmet to add to my collection.
    The writing on the rear skirt is what particularly caught my attention right away the liner is in a size 7 and was manufactured by V.M.C II and dated 1942 the helmet has the name of one H DUDLEY written on the inside skirt and on the outer part of the shell.
    For some reason helmet shells with out maker marks and or date codes seem to be drawn to me like a magnet as there was none evident in the usual places I ripped her down for a better look and alas there was none to be found even partially hidden under the rim yet another mystery which has been covered in a different thread I started some time ago (Why can't I find the production code on this Mk II)
    Please pardon the images as it is dark and rainy here today no chance for decent out side photos all comments are welcome thanx for looking.

PS I did buy the misses a wedding ring yesterday as well diamonds and emeralds circa 1930's

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New addition to my growing family of Mk II helmets   New addition to my growing family of Mk II helmets  

New addition to my growing family of Mk II helmets   New addition to my growing family of Mk II helmets  

New addition to my growing family of Mk II helmets   New addition to my growing family of Mk II helmets  

?

Nice one.

Very nice.

So, where's the ring???

?

I will post a picture of it when the wife gets home from work
    A quick question do you gents feel the name on the back of the skirt was previous soldiers name just strikes me as a little odd.

Regards Mark K

?

By request a little bit of bling my penance for buying a couple or three new helmets a fair trade in my books got to keep the misses happy

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New addition to my growing family of Mk II helmets  

?

Is Prior Barns someones name or a place?

?

Good Question I as well thought it a little on the odd side for a name I will try a google search later when I have time tonight on the ferry to the mainland .

Regards Mark K

Upon googling 'Prior Barns', there were few relevant results. However google suggested I try 'Priory Barns', which returns lots of sites about arranging weddings, wedding photography, etc etc. It was fate

?

And the plot thickens I am not going to tell my misses about that

Regards Mark K