Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 81 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast

The new ebay money maker

Article about: One of these sold for over £880. The other two hope to !

I notice this seller has jumped on the bandwagon or recently for ale 53rd Welsh division helmets.

WW2 MK2 1939 DATED HELMET WITH 53rd WELSH INFANTRY DIVISION INSIGNIA | eBay

It appears to be hand painted over black home front paint?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The new  ebay money maker   The new  ebay money maker  

The new  ebay money maker   The new  ebay money maker  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

SMP
    ?

Amazing. They didn't even find a decent army helmet to use. Some idiot will buy it, then only find out the truth when they try to re-sell it, or post it on a forum.

?

has got to make you even more cautious when making any purchase, I saw another scots guards sell recently on another dealers site, from the pics it looked ok, but this really has made me think again

Having had a quick read of this thread I see that nobody has mentioned the seller of these faked painted helmets which are being added to almost daily. The seller is eBay user '1967goldie', however, this would be appear to be another account of eBay seller 'vongold', a quick check of the photographic style and back drop, same font used and the fact that both sellers are based in Stanstead would suggest that they are one and the same. As always buyer beware!

Quote by Grimebox View Post
    Having had a quick read of this thread I see that nobody has mentioned the seller of these faked painted helmets which are being added to almost daily. The seller is eBay user '1967goldie', however, this would be appear to be another account of eBay seller 'vongold', a quick check of the photographic style and back drop, same font used and the fact that both sellers are based in Stanstead would suggest that they are one and the same. As always buyer beware!
    Have you seen the latest crop of sh#te from Goldie, jeez, they get worse.

SCARCE WW2 BRITISH PARA AIRBORNE 1944 HELMET WITH FREE FRENCH PARA INSIGNIA | eBay

The tammy with the handpainted badge, oh my god.

VERY UNUSUAL WW2 SCOTTISH REGIMENT BERET HAT WITH GERMAN STAMP, POW ? | eBay

If you need a laugh, peruse his listings of helmets etc.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The new  ebay money maker   The new  ebay money maker  

The new  ebay money maker   The new  ebay money maker  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

'interesting....but who ever is doing whatever...I can't believe they're not members of all the Forums......including this one........'food for thought....

Members or not they are nothing more than criminals committing fraud. No different to an art forger or somebody selling pirate films at a market. This is not somebody chancing their luck with a dubious item they bought long ago or oblivious to the fact that they have a fake but somebody committing wholesale fraud.

......but my comment was more about the dilemma we face in exposing bad behaviour by telling everyone, including THEM, what was wrong with what they're producing...and therefore potentially improving the quality of fakery.

SMP
    ?

This week's offerings:

The new  ebay money maker  

?

It's not just them that's doing it ,there's another guy called SPANMIL with a few iffy British helmets on e-bay right now, and yesterday ,a MK2 with fake Polish insignia sold for £345

Page 3 of 81 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast