Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 81 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 ... LastLast

The new ebay money maker

Article about: One of these sold for over £880. The other two hope to !

I think the outcome of this thread under the circumstances has been quite positive and can only be a good thing for the hobby ,Having now started a dialogue between one of the aforementioned seller's and now a legitimate forum member we should try and build some bridges ,I've never known such an event to happen before ,perhaps other more established member's will disagree ,but anyway i think we should all try and take stock keeping at the back of our minds that we our all gentlemen here and with that adhere to the basics of forum etiquette ,that include's new member's too and as we all know if that line is crossed we are excluded without question ,unfortunately for myself I'm way out of my league on identifying flash insignia's which was reflected in an earlier post i made so can be of no help at all I'm afraid but am keen to learn more and in turn this will hopefully help me financially too in the long run
    just my thought's JC

?

Oh dear oh dear,it seems that Mr Goldie is upset by my remark, i have just been looking at the lids he's selling on the bay and by some strange coincidence he states that the insignia might be a later addition only on his fake helmets, which means that he knows they are fake,fake and triple fake,

James is right...some BIG progress here and dialogue is much better than mud slinging.....but if some one is happy to pay-up then so be it..........

?

In a few of my posts I have stated that if someone wants to buy a fake helmet then it his look out,but to come here on this forum with the name "iamwatchingyou" threatening to sue people cos' they are saying the truth ,saying that you don't know that most of the helmets you sold and are still selling are fake ,and then show us a couple of good ones to make us like you, well I'm sorry but I wasn't born yesterday you know

....whatever.....

Im really sorry pluto but i feel your comments are not in any form constructive ,quite the opposite in fact ,if the seller has amended his item description's then does this not indicate he has taken on board the forum's collective advice

Thank you james and composite ( don't know your name ) for your last post you both sound like a well mannered intelligent men , as you say I'm happy to take advise and learn from others ..after all who knows everything in this world ( if they think they do they are much mistaken ) we live we learn . I have a very large collection I have collected over many years from many places in the world and yes maybe a few items are not quite right but if in doubt I will add that information or take advise when I come to sell it . In any collecting field whether it be paintings, antique watches, China, military etc etc there are many fakes or reworked pieces and if your a serious collector at some point you will buy something you later discover is not quite right ..life is a learning curve and I'm willing to learn even at 49 . I'm a gentleman and a successful business man , and if you know me you will know I do things face to face ...I hate keyboard warriors and cowards , I'm happy to chat with people and meet them but I take offence to snipping , it's low and shows lack of backbone and education.

I like your forum page most on here seem intelligent well read gentlemen and I'm pleased to read your posts..the others ..well let's just say they have a bit to learn in life about building bridges and communication skills . Thanks ..by the way I'm Jeremy

Hello Jeremy , a baptism of fire for sure and a belated warm welcome to the forum

I have always said and still do, forums are here to aid collectors and historians and if I see something within my area of interest which seems wrong or even in some cases looks good, it gets posted for others to see. Before the internet became common it was easy to build up a large collection with many fakes or enhanced items in it, but hopefully forums such as this mean such collections will become a thing of the past.

British collectors need to adopt the methods that TR collectors have had to use for many years and some of us have been doing that, but sadly many it appears are still not and are buying questionable items and in some cases paying serious money for them.

Fakes and enhanced items have always been around, but with the fairly recent rise in demand for good WW & WWII British helmets and in particular good Tommy helmets with unit insignia on them and/or camo paint schemes then the sudden rise in the quantity of such helmets appearing for sale has to be seen as a concern and if the old maxim, if it looks too good to be true, then it probably is too good to be true.

How many Malta camo's have we seen for sale in the last year or two compared to how many were seen for sale in the previous period? they certainly have become somewhat more common recently IMO.

I'll continue to post items that do not ring true with me until the forum says I can no longer do so.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    I have always said and still do, forums are here to aid collectors and historians and if I see something within my area of interest which seems wrong or even in some cases looks good, it gets posted for others to see. Before the internet became common it was easy to build up a large collection with many fakes or enhanced items in it, but hopefully forums such as this mean such collections will become a thing of the past.

British collectors need to adopt the methods that TR collectors have had to use for many years and some of us have been doing that, but sadly many it appears are still not and are buying questionable items and in some cases paying serious money for them.

Fakes and enhanced items have always been around, but with the fairly recent rise in demand for good WW & WWII British helmets and in particular good Tommy helmets with unit insignia on them and/or camo paint schemes then the sudden rise in the quantity of such helmets appearing for sale has to be seen as a concern and if the old maxim, if it looks too good to be true, then it probably is too good to be true.

How many Malta camo's have we seen for sale in the last year or two compared to how many were seen for sale in the previous period? they certainly have become somewhat more common recently IMO.

I'll continue to post items that do not ring true with me until the forum says I can no longer do so.
    "Bang on" Jerry!! You have hit the nail on the head about observing the traits learnt over many years by us TR mugs!
    I see all to many MKII's that "stick out" as modern unit marked fakes and they have exploded on to the market in the last five years or so. Allied collectors really need to start taking a serious look at what they are buying ( myself included ) as the good is fast being out weighed by the bad. Leon.

Page 11 of 81 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 ... LastLast