Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 ... LastLast

The new ebay money maker

Article about: One of these sold for over £880. The other two hope to !

Quote by ynot View Post
    This is actually a relic post May 1917 WWI helmet so technically off topic in the WWII section but I thought it'd fit in here too. Please move if necessary.

I can't decide if the MGC insignia has been painted on top of the rust or if paint has been removed to reveal the crown and crossed guns or why it's being auctioned as an officers helmet.

What do you blokes think?
    Not an easy one to decide Tony. The crown looks a bit iffy as it is clearly over painted in at least one place, but what is it over painted on is not clear to me.

Whoever painted it did a nice job, but whether it was it 100 years ago, last year or any time in between I could not say.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

SMP
    ?

I wouldn't be happy to own the M.G.C. one

I don't know if it's already been mentioned, but the vendor 'jobrown1001' is based in Stansted, the same as '1967goldie'....Surely a coincidence I would imagine though.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Stansted nothing wrong there Ned just a natural grouping area for a bunch of genuine hard working miitary collectors...................

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Stansted nothing wrong there Ned just a natural grouping area for a bunch of genuine hard working miitary collectors...................
    I think that should read "a bunch of genuine hard working and artistic military collectors......" Lol.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

be careful guys "HE" iswatchingyou

...if I were a faker (which I ain't) I'd be a silent member on EVERY forum as it's a great way to learn how to improve ones "art".....we tell 'em what's wrong with their latest effort.......

Well even if we are being watched this is and always has been a discussion forum,so now we can't talk about "knocked up" or "messed" with memorabilia.and why! because we say the truth.and the truth cuts deep,no because the real reason is the money pit dry up for these people,and all because of our wonderful forum members know there shit!
    Attached Images Attached Images The new  ebay money maker 

?

It's a lost cause baby,the Czech helmet,even though the seller stated that the flash could be post war added still sold for 200 smackeroonies,so why bother?

SMP
    ?

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The new  ebay money maker  

Page 13 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 ... LastLast