Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 81 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 ... LastLast

The new ebay money maker

Article about: One of these sold for over £880. The other two hope to !

Quote by tinlid View Post
    It's from the usual faker isn't it.
    The malta is from the flitterssssssssss'
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Jeez, have you seen the combined ops hessian covered example...........WW2 COMBINED OPERATIONS BRITISH INFANTRY HELMET WITH COVER AND WIRE NET

obviously plenty of fools out there.

Not to say it did not happen, but I do not remember ever seeing a wired and hessian covered British lid prior to this one nor in period photos.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

So I am right in assuming that most of Goldstein's helmets are faked ,again!!!!!, and he has the nerve to come here threatening us,you know what pisses me off more than he does,the fact that some members here were giving him the benefit of the doubt earlier on is this thread,and talking of building bridges with him, the only thing I will build with fraudsters like him is a mine field so I will not go anywhere near his fake stuff

SMP
    ?

Quote by pluto View Post
    So I am right in assuming that most of Goldstein's helmets are faked ,again!!!!!, and he has the nerve to come here threatening us,you know what pisses me off more than he does,the fact that some members here were giving him the benefit of the doubt earlier on is this thread,and talking of building bridges with him, the only thing I will build with fraudsters like him is a mine field so I will not go anywhere near his fake stuff
    Being a rich man with an enormous collection, i suspect he was the victim of unscrupulous peddlers of humped-up, exotic crap. I am one who is still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I guess time will tell.

Another of Goldie's helmets. Note the attached label, he has done this with several helmets - and it is a trick used to great effect by Military_Trader UK. Maybe he copied the idea from there. Its surprising how many people are taken in by it.

A while back there was a dealer on eBay- I won't mention his name in case my memory is playing up... and he was selling 'trench art' shell cases which commemorated the 100th anniversary of the Gallipoli campaign. A GWF forum member purchased some and then realised they were fakes. He contacted the seller over the 1917 dates on the shell case, and hey presto - the next lot that appeared on eBay had badly damaged dates. I (privately) accused him of selling fakes - they were acid-etched, not punched. But he claimed they came from the defunct Whitehall museum of war - or something like that, and he threatened me with all kinds legal action - not that different than what was threatened on this thread really. Its a good way of silencing critics who are not entirely sure.

I tend to be very cynical these days, so many fakes of all kinds of militaria being passed off as original. I cannot believe the amount of people being taken in by it all. this has the potential to seriously damage the field of collecting.

The new  ebay money makerThe new  ebay money maker

the m42 medic helmet....has been painted white with a brush lightly sanded back then been taken to with a screw driver flat head or something like that, left out side to get a bit of rust happing. then lightly sanded back again. then maybe a mix of brown boot polish with water or a oily mix. then rubbed into the helmet. on the bigger scuffs on the helmet you can see how the sand paper has worked with the paint. flashes can be done the same way I would think...

This ones really expensive compared to the others he's got on ebay, so it must be right...., right???

RARE ORIGINAL GERMAN MONTE CASSINO FOUND FALLSCHIRMJAGER M1938 ET68 HELMET | eBay

Note the handwritten label in French compared to the one in the other link supplied by Harry. He's bilingual as well as a talented artiste.....
    Lol.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Harry, has Military_Trader UK got a bad name? I dont know much about them, just got some stuff from them recently ( no helmets)..I havent really gone through their stuff..just need to know if they have a bad name

Quote by wizardman View Post
    Harry, has Military_Trader UK got a bad name? I dont know much about them, just got some stuff from them recently ( no helmets)..I havent really gone through their stuff..just need to know if they have a bad name
    I'm not Harry, but I would like to say that MTUK is probably one of, if not the worst militaria vendors in the entire country. But that is just my opinion having watched the shenanigans that regularly crop up regarding folks being unhappy with their purchases from them.

The naive guy from Broadsword Military Forum who spent thousands with them on fake 617 (Dambusters) Sqn. (including Guy Gibson signed still photographs, but taken from the 1955 film made over a decade after his death...WTF??) 'memorabilia' had a nightmare trying to recoup his losses from them, but was at least partially if not even entirely successful after a long drawn out legal case. Just avoid at all costs would be my advice, it's not worth it.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by wizardman View Post
    The worst reputation in the uk, they got caught selling fakes to fellow members on their forum. Plenty of threads on here and on the waf where they have been outed as sellers of enhanced items.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 15 of 81 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 ... LastLast