Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 16 of 81 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 66 ... LastLast

The new ebay money maker

Article about: One of these sold for over £880. The other two hope to !

Good to know..i just got a couple of Australian items on their Ebay (said they had just got hold of a large collection of military medical items) ..The items i got look ok, ill definitely be having a further inspection now!! but good to know they have form

Quote by pluto View Post
    So I am right in assuming that most of Goldstein's helmets are faked ,again!!!!!, and he has the nerve to come here threatening us,you know what pisses me off more than he does,the fact that some members here were giving him the benefit of the doubt earlier on is this thread,and talking of building bridges with him, the only thing I will build with fraudsters like him is a mine field so I will not go anywhere near his fake stuff
    Joe why didn't you man up and just say i peeved you off ,don't pussy foot around saying some member's were involved ,Was it so wrong of me to give the benefit of the doubt ,I was just looking at the bigger picture and thought we shouldn't miss an opportunity where we could deal with this directly at source

?

Hi James
    I never mentioned you or any other member for the fact that this is not personal,after all we are all supposed to be on the same side,our enemy is the guy that wants to steal our money by selling us a fake, right? now there is ,in my opinion sufficient proof that the guy deserved no mercy as his latest batch confirms that most of these lids are faked,
    I asked a question not long ago in this thread and never got an answer so I will ask it directly to you now ,If MT should come over with the same pathetic excuse like Goldie's would you also give him the benefit of the doubt?
    But if it makes you happy I will "man up" and apologize for something that I don't have to,

?

If MT should come over with the same pathetic excuse like Goldie's would you also give him the benefit of the doubt?
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Jeez, have you seen the combined ops hessian covered example...........WW2 COMBINED OPERATIONS BRITISH INFANTRY HELMET WITH COVER AND WIRE NET

obviously plenty of fools out there.

Not to say it did not happen, but I do not remember ever seeing a wired and hessian covered British lid prior to this one nor in period photos.

Add to the fact that I would expect there to be a significant amount of rust on the burlap as well, as happens to fabric that is in contact with rusting metal you know... for 70 years.

Can you imagine looking at there feedback once all sales completed and dropping a line to the unsupecting buyer just to say "oh by the way its a dud you purchsed" surely that would go some way to shutting them down wouldn't it!

?

People who buy these things have such a high opinion of themselves that even if God told them that the item is fake ,they still would not believe him ,before this thread started as you all know we had another one mostly dedicated to fake Malta helmets ( as those were the fake helmets of the day) after we were talking about a certain fake helmet ,a member private messaged me to inquire about the name of the seller,I gave him the details and he told me that he bid and won the helmet but when he receives it ,if he thinks that it is fake he will put it on the forum for all to see, well he never did so I 'm sure he trusted himself and not the expert's opinion (not mine by the way,this certain helmet was talked about as being fake by in my opinion the God of British helmets ,I will only say his name starts with an A), So even if the seller was to tell them that they are fake they still might not believe him,but it's their money so let them squander it ,I say,Anyway these fake helmets are still a big investment,in 20 years time no one will say that they are fake and will bring thousands when re sold

RIGHT, we all know the skylarks we are talking about RIGHT? Lets keep this thread as a useful "heads up" as we will never be able to stop MT and goldshite from fleecing the ignorant. Keep posting the crap to help one another by all means, but there is little point in just "shouting" about fraudsters, after all Souvel made awards for the occupational forces for profit! ( A joke on my sorry part!!) Leon.

Quote by pluto View Post
    People who buy these things have such a high opinion of themselves that even if God told them that the item is fake ,they still would not believe him ,before this thread started as you all know we had another one mostly dedicated to fake Malta helmets ( as those were the fake helmets of the day) after we were talking about a certain fake helmet ,a member private messaged me to inquire about the name of the seller,I gave him the details and he told me that he bid and won the helmet but when he receives it ,if he thinks that it is fake he will put it on the forum for all to see, well he never did so I 'm sure he trusted himself and not the expert's opinion (not mine by the way,this certain helmet was talked about as being fake by in my opinion the God of British helmets ,I will only say his name starts with an A), So even if the seller was to tell them that they are fake they still might not believe him,but it's their money so let them squander it ,I say,Anyway these fake helmets are still a big investment,in 20 years time no one will say that they are fake and will bring thousands when re sold
    You are most certainly not wrong my friend!!! Leon.

I have to agree with Leon we kinda know now who the "boys from stansted" are right! and if novices with deep pockets want to splash the cash and display proud what they believe to be original piece of history then no matter how much we scream and shout they just won't listen.its such a shame that over the long haul these "knocked up helmets" will blend in and like Pluto said will sell for four figures,but at least we here at WRF can rest easy and know our collections are not tainted with such rubbish.!

Page 16 of 81 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 66 ... LastLast