Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 20 of 81 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 70 ... LastLast

The new ebay money maker

Article about: One of these sold for over £880. The other two hope to !

PS
    Have you noticed now that he is not stating that he is in Stansted any more,but just an Essex village[/QUOTE]

I spotted that yesterday.

Quote by busman View Post
    Another goldie special
    BMB 1941 dated homefront helmet with early/pre war MKI liner. All of these I have seen were home front, so at best home guard, though the paint suggests overseas service, so pimped would be my opinion.

Strange he has not used his trademark blue backdrop.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Jer, you disappoint me, it looks like you don't know what you are doing, your Malta camo is on a home front helmet.
    Or maybe that is the point, you do know what you are doing.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    BMB 1941 dated homefront helmet with early/pre war MKI liner. All of these I have seen were home front, so at best home guard, though the paint suggests overseas service, so pimped would be my opinion.

Strange he has not used his trademark blue backdrop.
    Back drop is now compromised, as is the reference to Stansted. Hence the relocation to the back garden of his house in an "Essex village". Try as he might, he's an easy spot from now on whatever he tries to hide his efforts of relieving honest folk of their hard earned cash by his selling of counterfeit goods.

Should anyone feel the need to take this further in a lawful way, here's how to make an official complaint. I've used it successfully in the past, and it works. What's good about it is you don't even need to have purchased the said item(s) for the vendor to be investigated with the possible intention of prosecution by the correct authorities.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/co...terfeit-goods/

So, for any members who wish to pursue the case against the vendor this thread is all about, there's your answer should you decide to actually follow up on all that's been mooted as a way of getting this guy shut down. Whether you choose to use it is a different matter altogether.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Maybe we are wrong in assuming it's a Malta camo,it could be a home front helmet after all, painted to resemble Hadrian's wall maybe?

?

I just had a quick look at the link Ned provided but if seems that it's only intended for use to UK citizens, as for the relocation to the back garden ,well the poor guy did say that he is going to get married, so he finally moved out of his daddies house and into his own,I,m sure he'll organize a blue backdrop somewhere soon,

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Jer, you disappoint me, it looks like you don't know what you are doing, your Malta camo is on a home front helmet.
    Or maybe that is the point, you do know what you are doing.
    I did say it was on a homefront helmet and pimped!
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by pluto View Post
    Maybe we are wrong in assuming it's a Malta camo,it could be a home front helmet after all, painted to resemble Hadrian's wall maybe?
    A new terminology is coined, home front helmet with malta type camo is henceforth known as a Hadrian's Wall camo.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by pluto View Post
    I just had a quick look at the link Ned provided but if seems that it's only intended for use to UK citizens, as for the relocation to the back garden ,well the poor guy did say that he is going to get married, so he finally moved out of his daddies house and into his own,I,m sure he'll organize a blue backdrop somewhere soon,
    That's correct, you'll have to rely on one or more of the UK based collectors to make the effort. Don't hold your breath though.......
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Incredible that he has a second (!!!) Hampshire badged helmet, it's a shame he didn't contact the IWM as i'm sure they would have opened a new branch for his incredible collection.

Page 20 of 81 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 70 ... LastLast