Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 22 of 81 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 72 ... LastLast

The new ebay money maker

Article about: One of these sold for over £880. The other two hope to !

Hi,

I am new to the forum, but a long time lurker. The other day I stumbled upon Goldies "wonderful" helmets on Ebay, which gave me a good chuckle (well. it is laugh or cry isn't it?!) and subsequently found this thread - relieved to see that it isn't just me that thought that way about his items...! I was intrigued by all this and thought I'd have a Google, which - in case it is of interest to anyone - lead me to the following website, regarding a "Goldsmiths Antiques, Toys and Collectables" / "House on the Hill Toy Museum" involving a Jeremy Goldsmith (along with his father Alan Goldsmith) in Stanstead: Goldsmiths Antiques, Toys and CollectablesGoldsmiths Antiques, Toys and Collectables

There may well be more than one Jeremy Goldsmith in Stanstead, so this may not be our man, but they have one item of militaria for sale, photographed on a blue background like "Goldies" Ebay items; Militaria | Product Categories | Goldsmiths Antiques, Toys and CollectablesGoldsmiths Antiques, Toys and Collectables

If I lived a bit closer I'd be tempted to swing by and see what he's got for sale....!!!!!

Ade

?

If I lived a bit closer I'd be tempted to swing by and tell him what I think of him directly to his face

Quote by pluto View Post
    If I lived a bit closer I'd be tempted to swing by and tell him what I think of him directly to his face
    Yep, quite.... Plus there is a pic of him on the website, so worth being mindful of his mug when at militaria shows etc....

To my shame I believe I have recently seccumbed to this goldie geezer

?

Quote by HistoryMan View Post
    To my shame I believe I have recently seccumbed to this goldie geezer
    Well if you bought a helmet off him it is highly likely that it's a fake

Quote by pluto View Post
    Well if you bought a helmet off him it is highly likely that it's a fake
    Yeah, I wish I read this thread before !!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The new  ebay money maker  

?

OMG how could you do that? just return it ,you have every right to do so !!!! DId you think it was a genuine Malta cammo?

No, to be honest, I wasn't sure what it was, was a gamble really, was only £40 !
    Here it is in all its glory ! haha

WW2 1941 DATED RAW EDGE BRODIE BRITISH CAMOFLAUGED HELMET WITH NETTING | eBay

?

Smile

Quote by HistoryMan View Post
    No, to be honest, I wasn't sure what it was, was a gamble really, was only £40 !
    Here it is in all its glory ! haha

WW2 1941 DATED RAW EDGE BRODIE BRITISH CAMOFLAUGED HELMET WITH NETTING | eBay
    That is the rare Hadrian's wall cammo ,oh well, 40 pounds is not bad ,you can always use the liner and chinstrap I suppose and if you have a tortoise as a pet ,just put the shell next to it , they might reproduce

SMP
    ?

Well you haven't totally wasted your money. The liner and strap alone are worth almost what you paid. If original this lid would be worth at least £500-£800 .

It looks like someone used a raw-edged BMB ex-NFS helmet to create it.

Edit : Just realised it doesn't have a strap ! Well the net must be worth something !

Page 22 of 81 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 72 ... LastLast