Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 26 of 81 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 76 ... LastLast

The new ebay money maker

Article about: One of these sold for over £880. The other two hope to !

SMP
    ?

Why has this reached £194 already ? I don't understand.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The new  ebay money maker  

?

This bloke usually has Adrian helmets with Polish or Russian insignia but this time it’s a Polish badged, Brit MKII (it has MKIII 1940 stamped chinstrap lugs) with what appears to be a MKII style Belgian liner that someone has stamped VERO I 1939.

POLNISCHER MK II TOMMY/TELLER STAHLHELM S

His work can only get better, here are his other offerings blume166 | eBay

Even the ID tags are usually dodgy.

Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The new  ebay money maker   The new  ebay money maker  

Attached Images Attached Images The new  ebay money maker 

Wow....someone...and not necessarily the seller (?) has been clever enough to VERO-ise (is that a verb?) a Belg liner. I have to say I commend someone's ingenuity and hope it fools no-one - why would someone not complete something like this with a genuine VERO liner?...'talk about "ruining the ship for a hap-orth of tar"........

?

Quote by Composite View Post
    Wow....someone...and not necessarily the seller (?) has been clever enough to VERO-ise (is that a verb?) a Belg liner. I have to say I commend someone's ingenuity and hope it fools no-one - why would someone not complete something like this with a genuine VERO liner?...'talk about "ruining the ship for a hap-orth of tar"........
    Perhaps 'VERO-ising' a Belgian liner helps with the cost-performance ratio? I reckon it'll fool anyone who doesn't ordinarily collect Commonwealth or Belgian helmets.

It's my first ever "enhanced" liner....'seen hundreds, possibly thousands, in my time....often the dealer forgets that us Brits didn't go decimal...or perhaps that "ABL" just MIGHT have been a Brit maker...or the sad tragedy that is the damaged last digit (which is usually a 6,7,8 or 9 by the way) but to stamp-out a whole new VERO stamp.....

I understand there's a Mona Lisa too.....with a digital watch on.....

Another seller jumping on the band wagon. Jeez this Scottish home front lid is shocking.

WW2 MKII HELMET 15TH SCOTTISH DIVISION | eBay

and this tankers lid.

CAMO TANKERS HELMET 1ST DRAGOONS | eBay
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The new  ebay money maker   The new  ebay money maker  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

...didn't one of the previously featured "experts" in this post list themselves, on Ebay at least, as living in UK AND Spain?????

I don't know ..... all these scumbags out to fool people should get gigantic hemorrhoids and spend all their money on treatments.
    I was so happy to collect British helmets that no one wanted available in plenty and out of the radar of the fakers...... not anymore...... so sad !!!
    Stop collecting British lids and go back to your expensive german helmets I say.... :-)))

German is too obvious....but I have heard that the market in Guatemalan Civil Defence helmets from the late 1800's is about to go through the roof....everyone is about to pile in and spend loads and loads of cash.........apparently.......

SMP
    ?

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The new  ebay money maker  

Page 26 of 81 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 76 ... LastLast