Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 48 of 81 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 58 ... LastLast

The new ebay money maker

Article about: One of these sold for over £880. The other two hope to !

Quote by Roger M View Post
    I think the inner may be original and the outer has been remade as the patina varies so much. In the remaking they forgot to put in the 4 air vent holes on either side that should be there on the 1916 pattern. Also the split pins have far longer tails than seen on originals.
    British leather tank helmets... can anyone help ? - Other Equipment - Great War Forum
    I'd say the liner is probably from a WW2 sun helmet.

Ha ha, what a piece of pooh
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Looks like we have a new eBay account instead of the normal renaming!
    ‘Vongold’ has been dormant for some time and ‘Henry’s-house’ and ‘bobandfredsbits’ haven’t listed anything for a few weeks. We now have ‘jj-collectables-ltd’

......401663641884, coming from Stanstead...a very unusual piece

Still using the same wooden floor as a backdrop....
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Composite View Post
    ......401663641884, coming from Stanstead...a very unusual piece
    I came on here to post that very same horrific abortion but you beat me to it. Plus he has the usual flechettes, dated flag and obligatory "relic" "tank mask". Which is at £90 with nine bids. I just wish I knew who were the bidders on this crap, and what their mental processes are!

Perhaps the sellers are travellers.......a Village in Essex.....Stanstead.....and now Berden....perhaps that’s how one finds all the rare stuff by keeping on the move.....

...might be the answer..........

Quote by Grimebox View Post
    Looks like we have a new eBay account instead of the normal renaming!
    ‘Vongold’ has been dormant for some time and ‘Henry’s-house’ and ‘bobandfredsbits’ haven’t listed anything for a few weeks. We now have ‘jj-collectables-ltd’
    Yes indeed it is a brand new account I was following a piece, but then while looking at the rest of the stuff listed, a warning sign....these WW1 metak masks and an ugly "desert" MKII helmet so I came here to check if you had spotted anything and here it is....Unfortunately he/she/they list a mixture of good and crap, I'm not expert of everything, but a few things, very few, are ok...unfortunately.
    He/she/they must be making a lot of money...the crooks.

Will the last collector to acquire a WW1 tank drivers mask please turn the lights out?

Jees...how many Tank Drivers WERE there?....and how come they all preserved their masks so well?....did they find a crate in Nepal?

...now, where's that Gunnar Hansen repro......

Ad***n... you are far - too cynical for your own good. Official figures show that there were in the region of 100,000 qualified tank drivers, but nowhere near enough tanks for them all to drive. So... it would follow that thousands upon thousands of these tankers masks never got used, and that would explain why they keep turning up in such fine condition. Its the same with WW2 German camouflaged helmets, they made such a good job of applying the camouflage paint that when the soldiers took them off and put them on the ground they couldn't find them again. It took years and years of searching by dedicated enthusiasts before they started to resurface about 10 or so years ago, and it was very much the same with British Malta camouflage helmets. Were it not for these dedicated sellers on eBay, we would never get to see such rarities in ever increasing numbers....

Page 48 of 81 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 58 ... LastLast