MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 49 of 81 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 ... LastLast

The new ebay money maker

Article about: One of these sold for over £880. The other two hope to !

I noted our fave seller has added a pimped up slouch hat to his repertoire, intel corp.....along with lots of SAS & para
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

......”originality unknown”..........

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Ad***n... you are far - too cynical for your own good. Official figures show that there were in the region of 100,000 qualified tank drivers, but nowhere near enough tanks for them all to drive. So... it would follow that thousands upon thousands of these tankers masks never got used, and that would explain why they keep turning up in such fine condition. Its the same with WW2 German camouflaged helmets, they made such a good job of applying the camouflage paint that when the soldiers took them off and put them on the ground they couldn't find them again. It took years and years of searching by dedicated enthusiasts before they started to resurface about 10 or so years ago, and it was very much the same with British Malta camouflage helmets. Were it not for these dedicated sellers on eBay, we would never get to see such rarities in ever increasing numbers....
    On the floor Mate!!!!!!!

Nearly got caught out by this fraudster with a what I thought was an WW2 Egyptian hallmarked silver badge, thankfully it started to look suspect and fairly positive another account was being used to shill the price, then I saw this thread before paying. The guy is as brazen as they come when challenged!

eBay have been informed giving all his previous names etc but they don’t appear to have done anything and he’s managed to get my negative feedback removed for now.

MAP
    ?

Quote by LoudLemmy View Post
    Nearly got caught out by this fraudster with a what I thought was an WW2 Egyptian hallmarked silver badge, thankfully it started to look suspect and fairly positive another account was being used to shill the price, then I saw this thread before paying. The guy is as brazen as they come when challenged!

eBay have been informed giving all his previous names etc but they don’t appear to have done anything and he’s managed to get my negative feedback removed for now.
    Welcome and good for you. WRF to the rescue again. Keep on giving him negative feedback. eBay is a joke. It's all about making money. They won't do anything to this guy.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks

And in the spirit of Edmund Burke's or whoever else is attributed to the phrase

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

I've reported it (jj-collectables-ltd) to the police on the online fraud application, got a crime report number and waiting for the wheels to turn to see if this at the very least it prompts eBay to take action against him. Hope the forum doesn't mind but I given the Police this thread link to back up what I'm sating so its not just taken as an out of hand eBay dispute between 2 members. Even better the Rossers may taken a more direct line of interest ..... I live in hope!

...sadly...... but as has been posted today on another thread, a dealers job is to make money. One would hope that the word "legally" would feature in there somewhere...BUT mistakes can genuinely be made.......but some "dealers" make the same mistake several times in a row.....week on week.......and for every "mistake" there appears to be a buyer.

But the thing that outnumbers dodgy dealers and un-researched buyers is WW1 tankers masks!!! I'm in contact with Guinness / Ripleys as I suspect I'm now the only collector who DOESN'T have one of these....yet :-0

I actually saw a GENUINE tankers mask for sale at Liverpool arms fair last Sunday... who can beat that?

Quote by Composite View Post

But the thing that outnumbers dodgy dealers and un-researched buyers is WW1 tankers masks!!! I'm in contact with Guinness / Ripleys as I suspect I'm now the only collector who DOESN'T have one of these....yet :-0
    I don't have one........
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

...well, there’s loads out there for sale! :-)

Page 49 of 81 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 ... LastLast