Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 62 of 81 FirstFirst ... 12 52 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 72 ... LastLast

The new ebay money maker

Article about: One of these sold for over £880. The other two hope to !

?

Faked DR helmet with flash, by lord-fusaro.
    Pretty sure the helmet is of Belgium origin.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The new  ebay money maker   The new  ebay money maker  

Hello, on post #610 I mentioned italian faker MrJingol with a new nick Vierville1944, I want to show you another "work" of his,this time the item is listed under is household name Mr Jingol, you can clearly see for yourself the same camo of post #610 (German M42 "camo" sold for 477 euro) replicated on an italian M33 helmet. (which by the way the inner has littleto do with ww2 period m33)

The new  ebay money maker

For comparison Post #610 german M42

This is very interesting:

East Bristol Auctions | Military, History & Transportation Sale - Worldwide Postage, Packing & Delivery Available On All Items - see www.eastbristol.co.uk

East Bristol Auctions – Bristol's Largest Auction House

It’s just like an auction from our favourite eBay seller! The WW1 ‘aircraft fabric’, ‘trench signs’ and fletchettes, ‘SAS’ items, pathetic ‘Mi9 / SOE’ items with a smattering of toys and genuine items. The question is, is this where the crap comes from or another place that it is peddled? It’s interesting to note that the ‘escape and evasion’ items allegedly came from an ‘old soldier’ who died in 2010. I’ve been scouring eBay for many years and a number of the fake items were not around at that time (certainly not on eBay anyway) and have only been prevalent in the last few years.

Quote by soldatidiplastica View Post
    Hello, on post #610 I mentioned italian faker MrJingol with a new nick Vierville1944, I want to show you another "work" of his,this time the item is listed under is household name Mr Jingol, you can clearly see for yourself the same camo of post #610 (German M42 "camo" sold for 477 euro) replicated on an italian M33 helmet. (which by the way the inner has littleto do with ww2 period m33)

For comparison Post #610 german M42

I'm sure that Italian "camo" lid has been posted on here before, it was shot down in flames.
    Edit. It was a different lid.

There seems to be a lot of “special” painted MKIIs cropping up in regional auctions nowadays....so I guess they’ll end up back on EBay from disenchanted buyers........

Quote by Grimebox View Post
    This is very interesting:

East Bristol Auctions | Military, History & Transportation Sale - Worldwide Postage, Packing & Delivery Available On All Items - see www.eastbristol.co.uk

East Bristol Auctions – Bristol's Largest Auction House

It’s just like an auction from our favourite eBay seller! The WW1 ‘aircraft fabric’, ‘trench signs’ and fletchettes, ‘SAS’ items, pathetic ‘Mi9 / SOE’ items with a smattering of toys and genuine items. The question is, is this where the crap comes from or another place that it is peddled? It’s interesting to note that the ‘escape and evasion’ items allegedly came from an ‘old soldier’ who died in 2010. I’ve been scouring eBay for many years and a number of the fake items were not around at that time (certainly not on eBay anyway) and have only been prevalent in the last few years.
    I've also looked through this auction and thought the same. A large proportion of the lots appear to be either blatant fakes or unsaleable junk. It's the usual suspects as detailed above, not forgetting the flags, painted helmets and of course the obligatory "rare" rusted tank mask and "experimental face protection". The genuine items are singularly unimpressive and run of the mill, apart possibly from the early para helmet which I'm not in a position to assess.

Either a) East Bristol auctions are genuinely unaware of what's being put into their auction; b) they are actively conniving for reasons of their own; or c) they either know or suspect but don't care as long as the money comes in.

Edited to add: This is pretty ironic: YouTube

SMP
    ?

Forgot what it sold for, but it was a lot. For crying out loud , who are these buyers !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The new  ebay money maker  

SMP
    ?

This is an ad for a crappy, repainted Belgian helmet, but the spice is in the background.

"Please note that only the sand camo helmet is for sale, not the helmets at the back"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The new  ebay money maker  

Isn’t it a pain when one has to buy 3 or 4 helmets just to get the one that’s required.....tho it’s a lot easier when one doesn’t want any of them!

I saw this one on ebay, ppa would be great if it was original, but not a chance imo
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 62 of 81 FirstFirst ... 12 52 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 72 ... LastLast