MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New to the forum and want to show off my first acquisition

Article about: Welcome to the forum, you'll have fun here. Jolly ol' bunch of chaps we are! I'm not versed i those items, but I would say \\$100 is probably a good price.

?

Thumbs down New to the forum and want to show off my first acquisition

Hi there everyone. I've been checking out the forum for a while now and finally joined cause I finally found something to buy locally . After a little research it seems I have 2 helmets from ww2 era and a flight helmet of some sort I can't identify at all lol I'm thinking the leather one is a repro or something cause there's almost no markings and the condition seems too good, let me know what you guys think. I'm in canada so I imagine these pieces are canadian.

New to the forum and want to show off my first acquisitionNew to the forum and want to show off my first acquisitionNew to the forum and want to show off my first acquisitionNew to the forum and want to show off my first acquisitionNew to the forum and want to show off my first acquisitionNew to the forum and want to show off my first acquisitionNew to the forum and want to show off my first acquisitionNew to the forum and want to show off my first acquisitionNew to the forum and want to show off my first acquisition
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New to the forum and want to show off my first acquisition  

Default Re: New to the forum and want to show off my first acquisition

Good start.
    chris

?

Thanks Chris! I'm really more into the German stuff but the prices hold me back, all I have is a nazi coin my girlfriends german grandmother gave me.

I collect German and US.
    have fun and get what you can get no need to spent big dollars when you start.
    chris

Nice fixed bail m1, odd paint though...

?

Cool items! . When i first started collecting the items I first purchased were not in the best shape and not the most desirable, but they got me to where I am today owning things I NEVER thought I would be able to. Keep studying and learning the hobby, and keep your eyes and ears open for good deals and they'll come your way

Nice lids to begin a collection with. The leather flight helmet
    is WWII RCAF - typical with the zippered earphone cups.
    They were probably used into the 1950's.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Hi Gongo and welcome to the forum, it took me many years and a divorce before i could start to collect what i wanted, our passion takes time and money, but the advice the guys give you here is priceless and worth every penny when you sign up to WRF, good luck mate.
    Regards
    Kevin

?

I'd love a liner for the m1 but I'm happy so far with a $100 investment. I can't get any real info on the leather one

?

Was $100 a fair price?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast