Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

new year's fake

Article about: Happy new year gents Day 1 of 2016 brings the first fake Malta cammo,enjoy

Quote by PhantomGuitar View Post
    Amazing how it managed to accumulate rust on it in the short time before it received its malta camo, oh wait.....

But the seller also has several other items with (someones) name on them! Like a Gas mask bag. Totally a legit and guaranteed kosher lot.

I also don't understand why the paint doesn't cover the rim. (I understand completely that its a fake) but they expected some soldier who didn't want to be there, and didn't care to paint his helmet with something as half assable as camoflage to take extra time and not paint the rim? Right.... (As IMO such things are usually done hastily and with as little effort as possible)
    Morning all, the lack of paint on the rim is just the fakers poor attempt to replicate the paint loss that is very common on MKII helmets rims. If you look closely at the image of the whole helmet, you can see he has even fouled that up as he has slightly "over painted" the rim in a horizontal fashion in places.
    On the exceptionally rare occasion that a genuine Malta cammo is seen, it really "sticks out" in comparison to this piece of crap, just look at Aaron's avatar for a great example of a good one. Leon.

Smile

16 bids now - at this rate, Elton John will be booked to play at the Reception.......

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Is it the same guy who keeps finding them in his grandma's cellar or in a abandoned goat stable on the island itself, or some other chancer? Link please.
    Here you go Ned mate Rare WW2 Malta Pattern British MK2 Steel Helmet | eBay

Looks like it's someone else knocking them out now.

Tony

?

Did you all see what our fake friend added to his listing ? somebody must have pointed out that it's a fake and got him really wound up

Quote by pluto View Post
    Did you all see what our fake friend added to his listing ? somebody must have pointed out that it's a fake and got him really wound up
    Hmmmm.....Leon's plan to try and get the jump on everybody else seems to have back fired spectacularly, the little tinker.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hmmmm.....Leon's plan to try and get the jump on everybody else seems to have back fired spectacularly, the little tinker.
    That little ebay "outburst" was well worth a read! A shame that I was not responsible for the "stick poking" as that would have been a reaction to be proud of!! Seems like the seller is convinced his lid is good, but I pity the poor soul who puts this one on the shelf at the over £200 it's up to now. I liked the way the "questioner" thought that the cammo was the "early" pattern. Did the Maltese start building their walls out of Egyptian granite or alike later in the war as a precaution against the bombing, thus significantly changing the "cammo pattern" used by the British? (That was a joke Ned!!) Leon.

SMP
    ?

Here's a question to Aaron (tinlid)

Hey, Aaron, if you ever had to sell a GENUINE Malta camouflaged helmet on your website, how much would you ask for it ?
    It's a serious question, because I know you are primarily a collector, and unlikely ever to willingly part with one of your own, but I am curious as what the TRUE value of one is !

Cheers

Steve

?

Thanks Steve, well, at some point I will sell my collection, or most of it.
    It might be another 5-10 years before I sell the Malta camo's. But forced to sell now, god, who knows, £300-400 for the R.A. £700-800 for the Mk1 *. Hard to tell really as mine are worn, but real, while those who don't know are buying good condition ones, although they are fakes.
    But they could easily go for a lot more on ebay, or not.
    Or I could stick them up at ridiculous price over a grand each as they are the only real one's for sale.
    I will keep putting the inevitable off for as long as possible.

?

I don't think we'll ever find one in very good condition unless someone robs the Maltese war museum,those there have been preserved in glass cases at a controlled environment for more than I can remember ,and even so you can still see the real age on the paint ,so I think we can only hope for ones that have been thrown around and neglected and obviously rusty ,in the last year that I have been collecting again I only seen 3 helmets on e-bay which are most likely real,the one that sold for 599 which was in a relatively good condition,the other that sold for 361 which was also in a relatively good condition and the last one a couple of weeks ago which sold for over 300 which was in an horrendous condition,I consider Aarons to be in a relatively good condition so I think real collectors would pay around the 600 range,but then again,things are unpredictable on e-bay ,but having said that. even if I was to have an original one in very good condition I will never sell it ,when I kick the bucket then my son can do what he wants with it

Lightbulb

Just for the record, it finished at £220.00.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast