Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Newbi needs help! Odd US helmet??

Article about: Well either way i got screwed! lol but thats for the help. - nick k

Default Newbi needs help! Odd US helmet??

Hi today i purchased this american helmet. Ive seen ones like this before but i dont know what kind it is and i need help!!! if some one can tell me what it was issued to or for? and a general value?? It has 3 signatures on the top and both sides the one on the top is signed by a captain!!! The liner and shell are marked 1941 and the liner is made by m&k. ltd. the shell has in the back MMOR and in the front L. - nick k
    Attached Images Attached Images Newbi needs help! Odd US helmet??  Newbi needs help! Odd US helmet??  Newbi needs help! Odd US helmet??  Newbi needs help! Odd US helmet??  Newbi needs help! Odd US helmet??  Newbi needs help! Odd US helmet?? 

Default Re: Newbi needs help! Odd US helmet??

this is not a military helmet,but one made for the civilian safety market,,,

DO you think it s worth any money? i spent 70 on it!! - nick k

?

hi, its a civil helmet . this type of helmet was used in England during ww2 by civil defence fire watchers /wardens. am assuming that if this is a us helmet it served the same purpose. in my opinion 70 is a high price ,as most i have seen were priced around £25/30,,cheers paul

i looked on ebay,up to 13 pages of 21,one was listed at 33 dollars or so,,,didnt check on any others as this was the highest price i saw for a reserve for a helmet of this type,,,little over 2 days left to bid...

You basically paid the highest price for a helmet of its type

F*** i got beat of man! well thats what i get for not doing my homework first!! - nick k

It is indeed British. I have shown mine on the forum in the past.

Cheers, Ade.

CMc
    ?

It's still an interesting piece, in that colour and with the signatures including a Captain, I wonder if your helmet was once issued to a Home Guard. Exactly why there would be signatures on it I'm not sure, maybe once the HG was disbanded it was displayed as a commemorative piece, signed by some of the people from his platoon or something?

Who knows on the signature?

But these helmets were not issued to the Home Guard, that much I can tell you.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast