Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Newest Helmet purchase

Article about: Nice looking lid Stefan did you pick this one up at CMP in Victoria by chance. Regards Mark K

?

Default Re: Newest Helmet purchase

Nice looking lid Stefan did you pick this one up at CMP in Victoria by chance.

Regards Mark K

?

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Nice looking lid Stefan did you pick this one up at CMP in Victoria by chance.

Regards Mark K
    No actually not this time, I picked this up at a local antique store in Vancouver, if you want to know the name of it I can send you it but CMP is way more specialized. And thanks for everyone else's comments.

?

I couldnt locate the heat stamp markings, could you tell me where i should look for them?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Yep, Canadian liner & shell, think it's civilian police myself. There must be wartime pics of these being used.
    Hi,all the British civilian Police helmets I have ever seen are black and do not show any ranks on them so I also go Canadian on this one!! Leon.

The markings should be somewhere on the underside of the rim.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Morning Stefan there is the rare occasion that the heat stamp will be partially if not completely covered by the rim or non existent I happen to own an example like this my self were there is no production code (heat stamp) to be found .
    Here is a link to the thread on my Helmet ( https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/helme...-mk-ii-276299/)

Regards Mark K

?

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Morning Stefan there is the rare occasion that the heat stamp will be partially if not completely covered by the rim or non existent I happen to own an example like this my self were there is no production code (heat stamp) to be found .
    Here is a link to the thread on my Helmet ( https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/helme...-mk-ii-276299/)

Regards Mark K
    Yes it looks as if our helmets are twins that ended up in different paths . And considering our locations maybe this is a trait of local helmets? Thanks for the information!

All the best,
    Stefan

?

An interesting thought Stephan I wonder if these helmets came off the production line side by side ?
    If you ever get over to Nanaimo you really need to go to the military museum they have some amazing items in there displays I got a chance to go through were they store all there items that are not on display.
    Row after row of BD's, RAF,and Naval uniforms and equipment that have never been seen by the public

Regards Mark K

?

I didn't know there was a museum down there, I'll make sure i go to it next time im on the island. Its a shame that those uniforms are being locked rather than being displayed, history is meant be seen not stored...

All the best,
    Stefan

?

You wont be disappointed IMO best military museum this side of the Rockies send me a PM if you decide to go and I will talk to the curator and see if you can get a tour behind the scenes.

Regards Mark K

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast