Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

NFS Section 6 MKII Helmet.

Article about: Hi all, guess what? Another one is on it's way! I have just bought this NFS helmet that is dated 1941, it is a bit grubby and some very old news paper has become attached to the liner, but I

Another heavy day for the postman! I have just given this "salty" NFS 6 helmet a light clean to remove the 3 dead spiders and other trapped bugs, a typical loft find and the paper (Beano) stuck to the liner does come off with a little careful attention, but I think I will leave it. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NFS Section 6 MKII Helmet.   NFS Section 6 MKII Helmet.  

NFS Section 6 MKII Helmet.   NFS Section 6 MKII Helmet.  

NFS Section 6 MKII Helmet.   NFS Section 6 MKII Helmet.  

Last edited by FALLSCHIRMJAGER; 09-04-2014 at 09:10 PM.

?

I wonder if anyone knows where you can look up the service numbers often seen on these helmets?
    Be nice to know who used them.

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Hi Leon
    I have a mint NFS 26 for Liverpool, named , and about 15 other types......... home front/combat, that I'm going to sell if you're interested pm me
    John, I would be interested in what you have for sale?

Another nice lid Leon.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Anon View Post
    John, I would be interested in what you have for sale?

Another nice lid Leon.
    Poacher! By all means "beat me to em" Jerry, I have spent to much this month already! That said , I am looking forward to seeing what John has on offer and if he has something I like I hope to make a deal with him. . Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Poacher! By all means "beat me to em" Jerry, I have spent to much this month already! That said , I am looking forward to seeing what John has on offer and if he has something I like I hope to make a deal with him. . Leon.
    Sorry Leon, I did not think it was a private secret offer from John to you. I'll get my coat.
    Regards,

Jerry

Nice Leon you are piling up the Brits those are hard to come by in the states I have seen one genuine Wardens helmet in the last three years for sale in the shops around here. Nice finds! timothy

Quote by timothy View Post
    Nice Leon you are piling up the Brits those are hard to come by in the states I have seen one genuine Wardens helmet in the last three years for sale in the shops around here. Nice finds! timothy
    Cheers Timothy, they are getting a bit few and far between over here now. There are plenty of "modern" re-paints doing the rounds but the real thing is getting scare. Leon.

a real nice aquisition leon and great information Aaron and steve so a big thumbs up to you guys funny leon but ive just purchased my first police issue mk11 but was going to purchase one of these nfs examples but went with the former instead as the nfs had no liner unfortunately
    Last edited by James C; 09-05-2014 at 05:39 AM.
    Regards James

Quote by James C View Post
    a real nice aquisition leon and great information Aaron and steve so a big thumbs up to you guys funny leon but ive just purchased my first police issue mk11 but was going to purchase one of these nfs examples but went with the former instead as the nfs had no liner unfortunately
    You can always buy the NFS helmet next week! Leon.

I picked up one of these today, period repaint with NFS decal and number 26 Decal for Liverpool and 41 dated liner. I'll have to take some pics tomorrow and start a thread on it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast