Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nice mk2 textured Army Helmet.

Article about: Purchased some time ago,never seen one in this condition before,very unusual indeed,does it look right to the trained eye?thanks in advance.

Default Nice mk2 textured Army Helmet.

Purchased some time ago,never seen one in this condition before,very unusual indeed,does it look right to the trained eye?thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nice mk2 textured Army Helmet.   Nice mk2 textured Army Helmet.  

Nice mk2 textured Army Helmet.   Nice mk2 textured Army Helmet.  

Nice mk2 textured Army Helmet.  

?

The colour & texture does vary quite a bit, can't be sure if it's been repainted like this 2nd AA Mk2,
    or whether it's factory finish, but nice either way.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nice mk2 textured Army Helmet.   Nice mk2 textured Army Helmet.  

You've got good eyes Aaron,or my pics arn't the best,looks all the same shade to me in natural light,apart from that the texturing looks ok then?and overall quality is fine as well,cheers for your input.

How can you tell if its been repainted Aaron like the one you've shown as an example?all a learning curve.

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    You've got good eyes Aaron,or my pics arn't the best,looks all the same shade to me in natural light,apart from that the texturing looks ok then?and overall quality is fine as well,cheers for your input.

I am sure Aaron meant on MKII's in general that the colour and texture can vary, not on your lid.

Looks good, very clean underneath.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    How can you tell if its been repainted Aaron like the one you've shown as an example?all a learning curve.
    again at risk of not getting it right, but on the AA lid shown, the insignia is sunken into the paint and the easiest way for that to have happened is that it was applied and then masked off whilst the textured paint was added later, rather than they dug out a recess to add the decal.
    Regards,

Jerry

Thanks jerry,got it as a B.I.N don't think i did too bad for the price,are 1939 mk2 liners common?usually see 1940 onwards?thanks everyone for your help.

depends on the price mate, but it looks a good one, lovely condition
    Regards,

Jerry

Very nice Jake, TTC (Teddy Toy Company) were not the first to make the MKII liner but it has a I over the 1939 so maybe the pad has been replaced, any way a great helmet.

Matt

?

It looks a fine a Mk II to me as well Jake and condition can not always be used as the definative factor in judging originality as I can show many a Canadian example that are 70 + years old in Mint to near mint condition so much is dependant on the conditions in which they were stored so the hole helmet has to be judged including the furniture which seem to match the condition of the helmet body .
    Jerry brings up a rather good point as to the flash being recessed rather deeply and the other differance that catches my eye right away is that the Mk I liner retention bolt on Aarons has as well been painted over which would suggest a repaint IMO .

Regards Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast