Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Nice War time Mk I HSRAC

Article about: I have been on the hunt for some time for a nice war time unmolested HSRAC to add to my collection and was lucky enough to acquire this little gem from Dean ( CampX ) last week it is a very

?

Mark, I found your address so I have packed 4 of these things and will mail them to you on Monday

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

?

Thanx Dean I appreciate it I have a small box of Mk II liner odds and sods but have used up or given away all the buffers I had left .
    Have you ever come across any Canadian Mk II securing nuts and bolts in your travels ie... unissued dead stock I find them extremley hard to come by.

Regards Mark

?

Do you mean these things? Not unissued but removed from rotted Lids.
    I keep them in my Grens spare parts box.

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

Nice War time Mk I HSRACNice War time Mk I HSRAC

?

Thats them Dean if you ever care to part with a few let me know what you would like for them or if you come across any more I would be interested in acquiring a few.

Regards Mark

very nice addition mark ,im loving the thick textured paint finish too ,very similar if not the same to my mk11 so in my opinion this paint is ww2 period applied ,great to see the helmet it can be dismantled with ease ,now tell me is it true the canadian made liners had the bumpers fixed around the headband and the british made liners on the frame risers and headband or was it dependant purely on the manufacturer ,like i say great helmet and thanks for showing ,james

?

Thanx James it is a nice addition to the collection but will require some more research.
    As to your question on Canadian liners and buffers check the sticky in the commonwealth helmet section ( Canadian Mk II helmets and its components ) I think I have covered all the variations sorry cant insert a link from my smart phone.

Regards Mark

ok mark ,ill go check it out the sticky ,thanks james

?

Just thought I would update the thread with a few extra outdoor pics I have added a set of ZA2902 headphones and microphone handset No'7 with the proper 5 point connecting plug.
    This set can be used with WS-19, WS-22, WS-31 and or WS 43 (with plug) and are correct in this configuration to be used with this Mk I HSRAC .

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nice War time Mk I HSRAC   Nice War time Mk I HSRAC  

Nice War time Mk I HSRAC   Nice War time Mk I HSRAC  

Is that a split in the shell visible in the interior pic Mark?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Must just be play of light Jerry ...

Regards Mark

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast