Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

O C D helmet help

Article about: James, here is a little blurb on these OCD helmets I grabbed off of the kids web site..... "With the looming fear of war about, on May 20, 1941 the US Office of Civilian Defense (OCD) w

Default O C D helmet help

i was wondering if any of my buddies across the pond could give us any information on this civil defence helmet as information in the uk is limited on this style ,ive owned it for a few years and as ive never seen another one in red only white there is no stamp markings visible other than a circled Mc so made by McCord radiator company i reckon its post war also under the painted CD insignia is the remenants of stencilled letters in the right light i can just about make out T F D reserves T3 could this be texas fire department reserves ? and writen in pencil on the inside is H holcombe any info would be swell cheers in advance guys O C D  helmet helpO C D  helmet helpO C D  helmet helpO C D  helmet help

?

Default Re: O C D helmet help

Possibly for some sort of fire police

thanks gel65 for your thoughts i was kind of hoping for more responses to positively identify the stencils i think people have had a look at this thread thinking i have a obsessive compulsive disorder with helmets but its not true so i guess for now it will remain unsolved cheers james

?

I think we all have OCD regarding helmets Sorry I can't help with the markings either.

I am willing to bet that the helmet was repainted red for fire use.

Here is an explanation of the decals:
    O C D  helmet help
    Last edited by GIZMO8Z; 11-14-2012 at 04:48 PM.

I forgot to mention, I've seen a few repainted red for fire departments, especially in New York City...

At the rear of the helmet, under the red paint, I am willing to bet that it is marked as such:

O C D  helmet help

good stuff joe many thanks for the chart referance picture and your thoughts on the colour i bet your right the stamping must of been overpainted thanks again james

Glad I could help, sir!

I am assuming these are rare on your side of the pond? You can find them here for $10-$25

btw - cool pillow ! :-)

not so common over here in blighty and ive never seen another one like this especially in red joe they sound very reasonable on the pocket in the US though so must be quite good for flegling collectors over there thanks again james

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast