Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Odd British Turtle Helmet possibly from at field grave?

Article about: Hello, everyone. I've got the offer for this, fairly cheap helmet. Looks to be a ww2 variant to me, from the parts I recognize at least. It has interesting 'four half clover leaves' paint at

Im wondering if it possibly could be a helmet that has seen use post war perhaps somewhere in the middle east judging by the crude adhoc liner , maybe the foam pads were a temporary/permanent solution there after ,they certainly show signs of being there a fair while as for the shell painting i have to agree with ade ,i would say it depicts a turtle or maybe a tortoise and im not making a joke here ,ive never seen any similar painted example's to back up my theory of its use abroad though

Quote by tinlid View Post
    The rim join, BMB made Mk3's is welded smooth, while the F&L & RO&Co are butted up with welded stamps either side.
    Thanks! Turns out I have a BMB

?

In Australia helmets have been nailed on top of posts to stop them rotting out. I should not be surprised if this one was decorated and used as a flower pot holder for a time. Just another guess.

Oz.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2