Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Old French helmet?

Article about: Now, I know this might not be so WW2 related, but I would be happy if someone could give me an answer. I have an old French helmet and I would like someone to give me some details about it,

Default Old French helmet?

Now, I know this might not be so WW2 related, but I would be happy if someone could give me an answer.
    I have an old French helmet and I would like someone to give me some details about it, since I wasn't able to find much on the internet.
    I have the helmet + the "inner" helmet (I don't know what it's called) + camouflage.
    All parts seem to be in place, but it has some rust on the chin strap and minor dents and damage to the paint.
    On the inner part of the helmet it says: FRANCK Aubervilliers 1952
    Could this be a French helmet from the Korean War?
    To me, this helmet looks alot like the M51.

And now, the most important question.
    Is it worth anything? If so, how much could I get for this helmet if I sold it?

Here are photos of the helmet. Is the stamp legit? Does this helmet seem a bit too preserved to be from the 1950s?
    Old French helmet?Old French helmet?Old French helmet?Old French helmet?Old French helmet?Old French helmet?

?

Hi

it's the french helmet model 51
    there is a link ( in french ) about it

.: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle TTA 51 :.

@+, hughes

If it is the 51 model, I don't if it was in Korea, because the divisions had the US helmet in 1950.
    This one is dated 1952, so it was not in this war
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Nothing to add except its a 1st pattern liner 1951/52,value not a lot,only a handful of members here collect them,pick them up for 15 Euro on Ebay............

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Nothing to add except its a 1st pattern liner 1951/52,value not a lot,only a handful of members here collect them,pick them up for 15 Euro on Ebay............
    Really? I saw one go on ebay for about $180...

RARE MODEL M1951 FRENCH FOREIGN LEGION INDOCHINA 1953 DATED COMBAT HELMET | eBay

?

180 us $, on ebay : everything is possible but I think that it will never gone on this price
    you can easily find it for less than 180 $

@+, hughes

Me thinks someone is taking the p... with that price,and where's the Foreign legion connection?as far as I can see its a standard early Otan Nato 51 worth 15-20 Euro.......Just picked one off ebay based in London,its a B.I.N wait for it £16.99 about $30 so there you go............
    Attached Images Attached Images Old French helmet?  Old French helmet? 

Oh, sorry it's $195 now.
    That's f*cking mental. Who in their right mind would pay so much for such a helmet?

Quote by PzGren41 View Post
    Oh, sorry it's $195 now.
    That's f*cking mental. Who in their right mind would pay so much for such a helmet?
    Only a F*cking idiot......

I remember an old guy at a flea market selling me a helmet.
    And this wasn't just any helmet. It was a dug up rusty WW2 German Fallschirmjäger helmet. It even had traces of that Luftwaffe symbol on the left side and what looked like a bullet hole. The guy didn't know anything about this helmet and sold it only for $5!!