Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Old War Horse-My Latest Pickup

Article about: by aj4010 The knowledge on this forum is breathtaking. Kind Regards, Andy It amazes me sometimes. very nice old warrior, she definitely deserves to be taken care of, good to see that is happ

?

Default Old War Horse-My Latest Pickup

I've been on the lookout for something like this for a while. A real been there one. Several coats of paint, original factory, light tan, then rough green. No marks visible. To me, it says North Africa, then Italy. A liner and chinstrap are on their way for this one. I've never replaced/updated anything on my lids, (with the exception of M1 liner chinstraps) but this one I think deserves it. Sorry about the two flash photos, but it's chucking it down here. Any thoughts on my theory of it's history?

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Old War Horse-My Latest Pickup   Old War Horse-My Latest Pickup  

Old War Horse-My Latest Pickup   Old War Horse-My Latest Pickup  

Old War Horse-My Latest Pickup  
    Last edited by aj4010; 06-07-2012 at 07:22 PM.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Default Re: Old War Horse-My Latest Pickup

Great helmet.

?

Thanks Steve.

I thought that the decal was Artillery, but the colours are reversed? Any ideas?

Kind Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

I like it as well!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Thanks, stuka. It certainly has "been there." But where?

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    Thanks Steve.

I thought that the decal was Artillery, but the colours are reversed? Any ideas?

Kind Regards,

Andy
    It's not Royal Artillery, and in any case it doesn't look like blue and red anyway, or is it just the photo? It looks more like green and red/maroon to me.

The Pioneer Corps used green/red as their corps colours (can't remember which way around though, for now), and a similar flash in green/maroon was definitely used by the Sherwood Foresters. If it really is blue and red, Royal Fusiliers is another good possibility. Helmet flashes are very badly recorded...

Rob

Household Cavalry- Iraq, Palestine, Alamein, Syria then Italy???
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by Battery Command Post View Post
    It's not Royal Artillery, and in any case it doesn't look like blue and red anyway, or is it just the photo? It looks more like green and red/maroon to me.

The Pioneer Corps used green/red as their corps colours (can't remember which way around though, for now), and a similar flash in green/maroon was definitely used by the Sherwood Foresters. If it really is blue and red, Royal Fusiliers is another good possibility. Helmet flashes are very badly recorded...

Rob
    Well, that's bu**ered it for me then, I have a small blue/green vision problem! I shall wait until daylight, and ask others for opinions. I don't think its going to stop raining here anytime soon, so daylight pics will be a while.

Thanks for the info, Rob.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

I've just grabbed two unsuspecting "volunteers" and looking through a very good loupe, the verdict is blue and red/maroon.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    I've just grabbed two unsuspecting "volunteers" and looking through a very good loupe, the verdict is blue and red/maroon.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Well, in that case, my first thought would be Royal Fusiliers. They were definitely using red/blue patches and flashes during the war in the form of squares, diamonds, rectangles. Loupie1961 and I were discussing their insignia in this thread a while ago: BD blouse to a major in 2nd Royal Fusiliers, 56th London Division and ended up probably more confused then we started The R Fus were also an Africa/Italy unit, so it would fit in well with the paint schemes.

Rob

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast