Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Old War Horse-My Latest Pickup

Article about: by aj4010 The knowledge on this forum is breathtaking. Kind Regards, Andy It amazes me sometimes. very nice old warrior, she definitely deserves to be taken care of, good to see that is happ

?

Default Re: Old War Horse-My Latest Pickup

Quote by greimers View Post
    The insignia / unit emblem is for the Australian Seventh Division.
    Thanks for the info greimers, thats very interesting. On which side were these normally worn? Worn one way it could be Aussie, the other could be Royal Artillery?

Kind Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    On which side were these normally worn? Worn one way it could be Aussie, the other could be Royal Artillery?
    It can't be Royal Artillery, even worn the other way around it would be backwards.

Rob

?

Quote by Battery Command Post View Post
    It can't be Royal Artillery, even worn the other way around it would be backwards.

Rob
    Thanks, Rob. What I meant was that if you were wearing it facing left, the blue green will be forward. If you were to wear it facing right, the red will be forward. Perhaps there is a particular "front" and "rear" designation for these helmets?

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Old War Horse-My Latest Pickup  
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    Thanks, Rob. What I meant was that if you were wearing it facing left, the blue green will be forward. If you were to wear it facing right, the red will be forward. Perhaps there is a particular "front" and "rear" designation for these helmets?

Best Regards,

Andy
    I know what you were saying To be clear (and I probably wasn't) the Royal Artillery flash is always red left, blue right like this:

Old War Horse-My Latest Pickup

so no matter which side, it would be the wrong way round

Rob

?

Aha! Got it. Thanks Rob.

Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote by tinlid View Post
    I can't see any reason why a MkI chin strap was not used on a MkII helmet, but I've never seen one. The idea of making the end loops smaller on the straps was to stop it moving about, that's why they made the loops smaller, so whether they used up the remaining MkI straps on the early MkII's or only used the new MkII straps on the MkII lugs I don't know. Has anyone got a MkIIIA chin strap?
    Having gone through all my chin straps I have found a MK.11A but sadly no MK.111A another one to look for.
    Attached Images Attached Images Old War Horse-My Latest Pickup 

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4