MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Original British Airborne helmet?

Article about: Hello This helmet is for sale, and the seller claims that it's a WW2 orginal British airborne helmet dated 1943 and manufactured by BMB. But I can't see that date on the pictures so I was do

?

Be good to see some pictures of these BMB 1950's stamps, I've only seen the type I showed.
    But there's still the khaki green paint on the inside,from 1944 they went over to dark brown. But I guess a liner is easily replaced.

I asked the seller if he could send me more photos, and so he did. These are all the photos that he has send me. And it looks to me that the helmet is indeed dated 1943.

Original British  Airborne helmet?Original British  Airborne helmet?Original British  Airborne helmet?Original British  Airborne helmet?Original British  Airborne helmet?Original British  Airborne helmet?Original British  Airborne helmet?Original British  Airborne helmet?Original British  Airborne helmet?Original British  Airborne helmet?Original British  Airborne helmet?Original British  Airborne helmet?Original British  Airborne helmet?Original British  Airborne helmet?Original British  Airborne helmet?

?

Well if I'm correct in that BMB never made any other Mk2 HSAT liners apart from 43/44, & when they started again in about 1953 with an different style of date/maker name.
    I was pretty sure it was going to be 43.
    Any luck with those pictures of the later dated Mk2 HSAT liners.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2