Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Original WW2 MK3 helmet and 1944 dated dipatchet riders helmet with unknown camo?

Article about: Hello I bought this both helmets in the last time on eBay for a good Price ,but im not shure about the camo on it The first is the MK3 with very thick painted green camo on the one side and

Default Original WW2 MK3 helmet and 1944 dated dipatchet riders helmet with unknown camo?

Hello
    I bought this both helmets in the last time on eBay for a good Price ,but im not shure about the camo on it
    The first is the MK3 with very thick painted green camo on the one side and raw texture inside
    on the Forum i never seen a camo like this
    Im not know too where the shell is marked from the MK3 because it was without liner and chinstrap
    The second helmet is a ridershelmet from the british from 1944 made by BMB and is complete
    It is green painted with a red stripe around the shell
    Maybe one of you know from which department it was used or if the colour is postwar
    I am thankful for all replies and ideas
    Best regards,
    Bavarian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original WW2 MK3 helmet and 1944 dated dipatchet riders helmet with unknown camo?   Original WW2 MK3 helmet and 1944 dated dipatchet riders helmet with unknown camo?  

Original WW2 MK3 helmet and 1944 dated dipatchet riders helmet with unknown camo?   Original WW2 MK3 helmet and 1944 dated dipatchet riders helmet with unknown camo?  

Original WW2 MK3 helmet and 1944 dated dipatchet riders helmet with unknown camo?   Original WW2 MK3 helmet and 1944 dated dipatchet riders helmet with unknown camo?  

Original WW2 MK3 helmet and 1944 dated dipatchet riders helmet with unknown camo?  

?

An red band could be to do with MP, if it is war time paint.
    Let's see rim join on Mk3, to work out maker.

I missed this thread.

Like the MKIII, post war repaint but still a good one.

The meaning of the red band is disputed, some say MP's others offer vague mumblings about airborne or artillery, but without the MP logo it remains an unknown.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.