Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

PASGT Airborne Troops

Article about: Had this ages now...US Army PASGT (personal armour system ground troops) Airborne helmet.It is made by Unicor and is dated 1985.You can see the additional velcro tapes that join onto the chi

NCA
    ?

Default PASGT Airborne Troops

Had this ages now...US Army PASGT (personal armour system ground troops) Airborne helmet.It is made by Unicor and is dated 1985.You can see the additional velcro tapes that join onto the chinstrap and the foam rubber crash pad at the nape.Both essential features on a parachutists helmet.The tapes stabilise the helmet on the drop and the crash pad protects the back of the head.
    This was one of those random ebay finds.Badly listed, photographed and described!

PASGT Airborne TroopsPASGT Airborne Troops

?

Default Re: PASGT Airborne Troops

very nice Ive seen them with the crash pad but never with the extra straps.

I have a foam impact liner that I took out of a PASGT that I upgraded with pads. It will fit right in your helmet. If your interested I'll locate it and send you a pic. Yours for the cost of shipping.

NCA
    ?

Quote by NickD View Post
    very nice Ive seen them with the crash pad but never with the extra straps.
    Thanks Nick.The extra strap is just one long strap with velcro at each end and a reenforced hole in the center.It is bolted inbetween the helmet and the fixed suspension.

Quote by mk1rceme View Post
    I have a foam impact liner that I took out of a PASGT that I upgraded with pads. It will fit right in your helmet. If your interested I'll locate it and send you a pic. Yours for the cost of shipping.
    Is that directed at me or Nick?

To you, or whomever wants it.

As you can see, it will fit around the crash pad nicely. It came out of a large PASGT but it can be made smaller. It is an official item for PASGT para helmets.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PASGT Airborne Troops  

I found some old pics of my PASGT before I upgraded it. This is the same liner you will get. Gives you an idea what it looks like installed.
    Attached Images Attached Images PASGT Airborne Troops  PASGT Airborne Troops 

I have this one's twin brother. Picked mine up at Fort Bragg back in 1987.

Dusty

?

The pads were part of the Soldier Enhancement Program, around 1998. This came after the 'donut' pad that went into the crown. I like that para strap addition - I don't think I've seen one.