Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Please help identify....

Article about: Hi. I've just aquired this helmet and need some help. All date and manufacturer markings are painted over. Helmet is painted with textured green paint outside and in. Partial remains of helm

Default Please help identify....

Hi. I've just aquired this helmet and need some help.

All date and manufacturer markings are painted over. Helmet is painted with textured green paint outside and in. Partial remains of helmet liner are in place. The outer of the liner cross members seem to be red in colour. Liner centre is marked R S Co 2 1/2. Liner cross members and centre are fixed in position by an outer nut and inner rivet/washer and is non removable. Bales are 3cm in width with right angles removed.

I was thinking 1942+ but I've not seen a liner assembly like this before.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help identify....   Please help identify....  

Please help identify....   Please help identify....  

Please help identify....   Please help identify....  

Please help identify....  

?

Default Re: Pleas help identify....

The shell looks like the early MkII 38-39 dated, never seen a liner like that before so can't say what age or what Country it comes from. The shell looks like it was repainted by the British during the 50's with textured paint.
    Here's some pics of another repainted early MkII but with a 50's British liner.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help identify....   Please help identify....  

Please help identify....  

Default Re: Pleas help identify....

I have just found these photos of an M1917 pattern helmet. The liner attachment outer nut looks to be the same and internally there is a similar washer/rivet system. The outer rim of the helmet also has a similar uneven join.

Something I didn't mention, on helmet I have aquired the outer bale rivet heads are smaller and more prominent in comparrisen to any others I've seen. Could this helmet be an M1917 (or similar) that has been refurbished?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help identify....  
    Attached Images Attached Images Please help identify....  Please help identify....  Please help identify....  Please help identify.... 
    Last edited by ammoboot; 10-04-2012 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Crap grammar!