Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

POLICE MKII 1939 dated helmet.

Article about: Hello again, another little trip into the Home Front. I have just won this Police helmet on the Fleabay for £36. Looks ok to me with the nicer early round head sponge. Leon.

Default POLICE MKII 1939 dated helmet.

Hello again, another little trip into the Home Front. I have just won this Police helmet on the Fleabay for £36. Looks ok to me with the nicer early round head sponge. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture POLICE MKII 1939 dated helmet.   POLICE MKII 1939 dated helmet.  

Attached Images Attached Images POLICE MKII 1939 dated helmet.  POLICE MKII 1939 dated helmet. 

Looks to be in pretty good condition Leon. You really have been bitten by the Tommy lid collecting bug. Compared to German lids you can get a lot for not a lot of outlay and they come with as much history and interest, perhaps more so as they are local to your homeland. Cool stuff.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Anon View Post
    Looks to be in pretty good condition Leon. You really have been bitten by the Tommy lid collecting bug. Compared to German lids you can get a lot for not a lot of outlay and they come with as much history and interest, perhaps more so as they are local to your homeland. Cool stuff.
    Hi Jerry, I totally agree with you on that one. Even though I am still going to buy the odd piece of Third Reich as and when I see something I really want, I am most certainly going to buy more Home Front items as they are every bit as interesting and important, plus "cheap as chips in comparison!" The price££$$ of Nazi infamy!! Leon.

Another good one funny I was just reading a collector book the other day about British Home Front collectibles got it from the library and it said they are on the rise as collectible military. That one is similar in appearance to the Warden one I saw it was a dark almost black paint with a big "W" on front I would assume warden? I think it was real ok just had that patina about it, and the guy carries good stuff. Another nice one! you have I remember seeing a Blitz picture from 1940 or so with these police helmets in it worn by rescue workers. timothy

Quote by timothy View Post
    Another good one funny I was just reading a collector book the other day about British Home Front collectibles got it from the library and it said they are on the rise as collectible military. That one is similar in appearance to the Warden one I saw it was a dark almost black paint with a big "W" on front I would assume warden? I think it was real ok just had that patina about it, and the guy carries good stuff. Another nice one! you have I remember seeing a Blitz picture from 1940 or so with these police helmets in it worn by rescue workers. timothy
    Hi Timothy, the one you saw is a Wardens helmet. The black one's with a W on the front (and sometimes the back as well) are for the lowest rank wardens. The white ones are for higher ranks and the type of "stripes" or "diamond etc" insignia on them denote the level of rank. Good to here one has made it all the way over the pond! Leon.

Another nice mk2 Leonhows hows her in doors taking the bad news?at this rate it will be a ticket for one to the capitalnice early Homefront Police Helmet with mk1 liner and mk2 chinstrap Bales,these setups seem to be that little bit more desirable than the slightly later types............well done Bud.........

yeah,looks good one !

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Another nice mk2 Leonhows hows her in doors taking the bad news?at this rate it will be a ticket for one to the capitalnice early Homefront Police Helmet with mk1 liner and mk2 chinstrap Bales,these setups seem to be that little bit more desirable than the slightly later types............well done Bud.........
    Thanks Jake, I reckon a McDonalds instead of a Savoy!! Not that the savoy was ever on!! Leon.

Here it is fella's, it is in fine condition and for once not full of dead critters! The PC who owned this one put his number on the chinstrap (like JamesC's example) and a small cloth tag on the tie cord that says 1/SK. I particularly love the light "crazing" to the POLICE paintwork, another nice one for the shelf! Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture POLICE MKII 1939 dated helmet.   POLICE MKII 1939 dated helmet.  

POLICE MKII 1939 dated helmet.   POLICE MKII 1939 dated helmet.  

POLICE MKII 1939 dated helmet.  

Very nice Leon,to be fair I actually prefer your example to my own as it has the mk1 liner and so on,and the lettering with the craze looks great.......