Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Police mkii with VT stamped in shell

Article about: Apart from the dated lugs, the only stamped mark on this Police helmet is VT. Perhaps his initials? It was for sale as a mki* but many sellers state that if it has a mki liner

Default Police mkii with VT stamped in shell

Apart from the dated lugs, the only stamped mark on this Police helmet is VT.

Perhaps his initials?

It was for sale as a mki* but many sellers state that if it has a mki liner
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Police mkii with VT stamped in shell   Police mkii with VT stamped in shell  

Police mkii with VT stamped in shell   Police mkii with VT stamped in shell  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

I'd go for William Dobson maker, batch no. VT

Quote by tinlid View Post
    I'd go for William Dobson maker, batch no. VT
    Brilliant, I knew it rang a bell, I have one that shows more of the markings
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Police mkii with VT stamped in shell  
    Regards,

Jerry

I thought I could see afaint line to the right, with another look I can seea partdate underneath now I know what to look for, probably 1938
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Police mkii with VT stamped in shell   Police mkii with VT stamped in shell  

Regards,

Jerry

The helmet, rather salty, a shed find I assume.

Police mkii with VT stamped in shell   Police mkii with VT stamped in shell  

Police mkii with VT stamped in shell  
    Regards,

Jerry

my three Police helmets

Regards,

Jerry