Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Possible ww2 us prototype helmet

Article about: Hey Guys, need some help here! This, along with a mint first issue M1 with Hawley liner came from the estate of a medical/dental officer. Both have his last name marked on the web straps. I

?

Default Possible ww2 us prototype helmet

Hey Guys, need some help here! This, along with a mint first issue M1 with Hawley liner came from the estate of a medical/dental officer. Both have his last name marked on the web straps. I can't find anything quite like it but am confident that those knowing much more than I have.

Many Thanks, Ed.Possible ww2 us prototype helmetPossible ww2 us prototype helmetPossible ww2 us prototype helmetPossible ww2 us prototype helmetPossible ww2 us prototype helmetPossible ww2 us prototype helmetPossible ww2 us prototype helmetPossible ww2 us prototype helmetPossible ww2 us prototype helmetPossible ww2 us prototype helmetPossible ww2 us prototype helmet

It's a helmet of the type used by Civil Defense, in my opinion.
    Generally they were white painted and had on front the Civil Defense decal, I think that with this coloration were intended for other uses, such as used by staff embarked on naval convoys.

Cheers
    Roberto

Interesting Lid,Ed.
    I have seen those strap attachment points somewhere before

OldSteel is right. It is a Civil Defense Helmet. I have one identical to it. I'd throw up pictures but unfortunately it's in storage. But it is a Model 1917-A2 for Merchant Navy in the Atlantic but others used them. Mine has a Civil Defense Decal on the front and I think it was Medical if I remember correctly. Definitely WW2 era though.