Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

post war civil helmet ?

Article about: just to share this unusual zuckerman style resin laminated helmet ,this style is more reminicent of the us m1 liner in manufacture ,the shell is embossed texolex ,would this be an american s

Default post war civil helmet ?

just to share this unusual zuckerman style resin laminated helmet ,this style is more reminicent of the us m1 liner in manufacture ,the shell is embossed texolex ,would this be an american shell ,the liner is british and is dated 1954 ,no chinstrap present if if ever there was one fitted ,there is a thick adjustable nape strap so i can only compare to a modern day hard hat ,and can only presume offered bump protection for some use ,any help would be great guys post war civil  helmet ?post war civil  helmet ?post war civil  helmet ?post war civil  helmet ?

It's British...Texolex Mining Safety Helmet...according to a previous Ebay sale from UK...
    cheers, Glenn

thanks glenn for your help ,its appreciated i can tell you it was a bit of an oddity and out of my field of expertise but i just couldnt resist picking it up ,the liner is very similar to the wartime british homefront zuckermans

Out of my field as well, James...I googled "Texalex Hard Hat" and found it in an older Ebay.UK Listing...
    cheers, Glenn

I've got a safety lamp to go with it if you are interested...

thanks for looking steve im just wondering why it has such a pronounced rim ,makes for a good frisbee i suppose

Very nice James, unusual but nice

thanks matt

Very nice James,can't help but think where they got the idea from,so similar to the US 1930 MSA skullguard safety helmet made of fibreglass,with exactly the same liner,many differant versions have been produced and at 100 years young are still turning these safety/workmen hats out,thanks for showing something a bit differant Bud..............

I would imagine that helmet would appeal to someone interested in the history of mining. It really is a cracking looking helmet. Any signs of a bracket for a lamp being fixed to it at any time?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast