Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Ques Collection --British Mk II

Article about: Is this original? Is the netting correct? What are the group of three holes for? Sorry, I dont know why the pic are uploading on their side. I will have to try somthing different.

Que
    ?

Default Ques Collection --British Mk II

Is this original? Is the netting correct? What are the group of three holes for? Sorry, I dont know why the pic are uploading on their side. I will have to try somthing different.

Ques Collection --British  Mk IIQues Collection --British  Mk IIQues Collection --British  Mk IIQues Collection --British  Mk IIQues Collection --British  Mk II

?

Que, the holes indicate that the helmet is sub standard and not for military use, there were 4 classes A to D with 1 hole to 4 holes respectively, the 3 hole is designated MkII no.2C, and is made from mild steel plate. They were used for Home Guard and Civil Defence. It's nice unmessed with example.

Here is a link to a similar helmet which will give you some more information Mk2 No.2C Home Guard

Can you check the liner for date and manufacturer. You may be asked for a closer picture of the net for a full identification.
    Steve.

Que
    ?

Thanks Tinhat, if found a good thread on this forum about the holes just after I posted it. Said exactly what you posted.
    Liner is stamped 7 C.C.L 11 1940 (size, manufacture, year).

So, these are more uncommon than a regular MkII combat helmet? Would a home guard helmet be netted? What value can I apply to this helmet?

?

Quote by Que View Post
    So, these are more uncommon than a regular MkII combat helmet? Would a home guard helmet be netted? What value can I apply to this helmet?
    They probably are less common, although that doesn't imply a direct link to increased value, it's been a long time since I've bought or looked for one of these. With respect to pricing, once you know what you have you can look around, there is a big disparity between dealers, markets and ebay and where you are in the world. As a good indicator of what people are paying, you can do an 'Advanced Search' on ebay, filter by 'Sold items' then you know what people have actually paid. Prices vary, but by looking at the photos it will help you to understand what is good and what is bad, and position your stuff accordingly.

Alternatively you can ask my wife, and I'll give you double what she says it worth.
    Steve.

Que
    ?

Thanks Tinhat. That Ebay will help me alot. I never new you could search it that way. Not a big Ebay user.

Hi, a nice home front MKII helmet, a net like that would cost you £15 over here in the UK on it's own. As for the helmet, a Aaron says, prices swing all over the place on MKII's at the moment so there is no accurate guide. Leon.