Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Que's Collection Continued Part 2

Article about: Reposted from German Helmet forum. Will reattache pic when I get home. you can click them to open the image. Sorry. Today I will finish up with my American helmets and move in the British on

Que
    ?

Default Que's Collection Continued Part 2

Reposted from German Helmet forum. Will reattache pic when I get home. you can click them to open the image. Sorry.

Today I will finish up with my American helmets and move in the British ones.
    First up is an American Korean War Paratrooper Helmet. Sorry for the big white space, not sure what happened there. I Googled the the guy on the helmet and got a Hit on a guy with the same name here are some lines from the obituary I found...."SOKOLOW--Arthur D. Age 77, passed away peacefully at his Riverdale, N.Y. home on March 2, 2006. He served as a 1st Lieutenant in the 45th Infantry Division in the Korean War". Problem is the markings are for an airborne artillery unit from the Korean war. I guess it is possible to have been in both. I don't know a whole lot on this one. The seam is in the back so it is post WWII. Paratrooper action was limited during the Korean war but I don't know much about that at this time either. Any help on this one would be appreciated.

Attachment 826324Attachment 826325

US Navy Talkers helmet. I know nothing on this one other than what it is. Its pretty generic looking. Original or Fake.
    Attachment 826326Attachment 826327

1944 British Paratrooper Helmet.
    Looking for any info on this one. I have seen them valued at $500. Is this accurate? Please tell me what you know.
    Attachment 826328Attachment 826329

1942 (Right) and 1944 (Left with Teardrop shape) British Motorcycle Dispatch Helmets
    Totally confused on these two. Why the marking on the side of the '44? Look like it should be associated with paratroopers not motorcycles. The leather on the '42 is in excellent condition. Do these look real or repros?
    Attachment 826330 Attachment 826331

Attachment 826332 Attachment 826333

Thanks for looking. Stay tuned for part 3.
    Q

?

Your WW2 British para helmet (HSAT) was made in 43 & 44, it has been repainted so this decreases the price a bit.
    The original colour is inside dark brown, good condition untouched can now go for £725 top end, but can be sometimes got for £500+.
    As yours has been repainted £250 -£350.

?

Both your Despatch Riders helmets (HSDR) are original,again, being repainted (44) if you can prove was done WW2 with the flash could be worth more than the mint one.
    Mint one £80 £100, 44 dated one if painted post war £40 - £50, but if painted WW2 could be anything up to £150.