Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

R.A. Mk2 Helmet w/original net

Article about: I've had this a few weeks now.1939 dated mk2 lid, maker is J.SS(joseph Sankey and sons)with Royal artillery flash and its original net.This net has never been off and is contemporary to the

NCA
    ?

Default R.A. Mk2 Helmet w/original net

I've had this a few weeks now.1939 dated mk2 lid, maker is J.SS(joseph Sankey and sons)with Royal artillery flash and its original net.This net has never been off and is contemporary to the lid.Its like the net is 'stuck' to the top of helmet..The liner is also 1939 dated and made by Vero.
    The helmet is covered in a thick layer of olive green paint with a heavy sort of aggregate added.
    And to make it that more sweeter it cost me the grand total of £3.50!!
    R.A. Mk2 Helmet w/original netR.A. Mk2 Helmet w/original netR.A. Mk2 Helmet w/original net

?

Default Re: R.A. Mk2 Helmet w/original net

id be willing to double your money for it!

?

I'll treble it Joking apart that is a stunner, nice early net & with an artillery flash what more do you want.
    Nice one.
    Aaron

NCA
    ?

Haha!Thanks but no thanks!It was an early morning carboot sale find.Happy days.Strange thing is just before i found this i'd just bought a 50's turtle helmet for £12!!
    I originally thought the net was US but ive since learnt their nets of this style didnt appear until late in the war...So its an early british net then?
    And just now ive found its named!

Bl##dy nice helmet and what a great price.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hello, how are you mate?Very nice Helmet. and the price is just awesome. not even the shipping price i pay for one like this to Mexico City (20-30 Pounds) hahaha. I wish i could find here in the City cool cheapest items in Attics, Barns or Estate sales like you guys in the USA, Canada and Europe .

Cheers.

Beautiful

Rob