Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"R" MKII Helmet 1941 dated.

Article about: Hello once more my new "allies". I just thought I would share this MKII Rescue party helmet that I have just picked up off the bay. It all looks in order to me and it has a date of

Default "R" MKII Helmet 1941 dated.

Hello once more my new "allies". I just thought I would share this MKII Rescue party helmet that I have just picked up off the bay. It all looks in order to me and it has a date of 1941 in the liner, although it is a touch salty. The seller for some reason thought that these were given to the Republic of Ireland? I have not heard that one before but I would be interested to hear your thoughts. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "R" MKII Helmet 1941 dated.  
    Attached Images Attached Images "R" MKII Helmet 1941 dated. 

?

Another fine looking example Leon
    Dear God man you have been bitten by the Mk II bug and as there is no cure knownyou will find your self giving in more and more to temptation very soon you will find that CD lids will not be enough and you will start eyeballing combat grade lids,netted and scrimmed examples, camos,and early BEF flashed Mk II's I cant wait .

Regards Mark

?

The seller was correct, light blue with an R were used by the Irish I think during & after WW2.
    British Rescue helmets were painted black unless they had rank when they were painted white.
    It is a WW2 helmet, just been used by the Irish with their paint scheme.
    Here's some others.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "R" MKII Helmet 1941 dated.   "R" MKII Helmet 1941 dated.  

"R" MKII Helmet 1941 dated.   "R" MKII Helmet 1941 dated.  

Attached Images Attached Images "R" MKII Helmet 1941 dated. 

Quote by tinlid View Post
    The seller was correct, light blue with an R were used by the Irish I think during & after WW2.
    British Rescue helmets were painted black unless they had rank when they were painted white.
    It is a WW2 helmet, just been used by the Irish with their paint scheme.
    Here's some others.
    Thanks for that information, very interesting to know. Was it the Republic or the North who were using these blue lids? Leon.

?

Southern I believe, did you note I posted up the same picture as you did. I've had it quite a while, must have been from the same seller.

HaHa, yes I did notice, I just assumed you were putting it there for comparison. Thanks again for giving me the low down on this one, most appreciated. Leon.

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Dear God man you have been bitten by the Mk II bug and as there is no cure knownyou will find your self giving in more and more to temptation very soon you will find that CD lids will not be enough and you will start eyeballing combat grade lids,netted and scrimmed examples, camos,and early BEF flashed Mk II's I cant wait .

Regards Mark
    He'll have to join the queue after you mate I would assume with the camo's etc....

Another good pick up Leon, you have got the bug mate.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Anon View Post
    He'll have to join the queue after you mate I would assume with the camo's etc....

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post

Regards Mark
    I would love to Mark and Jerry but I am going to be staying "Home" with these great MKII's. I want to collect these nice Home Front variants as the prices are reasonable compared to my usual area of Third Reich Helmets and awards! Those British unit flashed MKII's are getting pretty close to the price range of a no decal M42 , so you guys are safe in the knowledge that I will not be "poaching" your hearts desire!! I only paid the "big bucks" for the Observer Corps flashed helmet as I was in that unit myself. Leon.

?

Quote by Anon View Post

Jerry on the subject of camos etc... the post man was rather kind today and delivered two items I have been in search of for some time now a 1944 dated cotton tan tropical cover that still has the original mosquitoe netting attached and a nice used Hessian cover that IMO was fitted on a Mk II for a number of years as it still retains the memory of the helmets rim and the shape of the dome pics to come in a couple of days as I am on the road heading home tomorrow after work.
    Happy hunting Leon there are many many variations of British and Commonwealth CD helmets to choose from and some rather rare example I might add I myself am drawn more to the combat grade Canadian Mk II's and Camos as there were very few Canadian War time issued CD helmets and I am only missing two more from my collection to have full representation of Canada's Civil Defense network .

Regards Mark

Aaron, Jerry and Mark, it sounds as though you chaps have wonderful advanced collections when it comes to these MKII helmets. Have you considered putting up a "sticky" at the top of the thread along the lines of DougB's "wall of helmets" that we have in the German Helmet Forum? I for one would love to see them! Once again thanks for all your help and encouragement. Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast