Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

"R" MKII Helmet 1941 dated.

Article about: Hello once more my new "allies". I just thought I would share this MKII Rescue party helmet that I have just picked up off the bay. It all looks in order to me and it has a date of

?

Thanks Leon Jerry started a thread some time back now you should post up your example there I shall leave a link below I have been lax as of late and need to post a few more example in the thread to update my Mk II's but work has been right silly for the last while I am approaching week six with out a day off heading home tonight to the Island so with any luck I can spend a couple days with the camera taking some pics and updating this wonderful thread and here is a link to a new one I started in the collections/discussion sub forum.
    mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours
    Just a few junks of Tin from my collection

Regards Mark

Hi Mark, I will do that, it has arrived and here it is! A much "brighter" blue than I was expecting but I like it, you can also see some other numbers under the blue over paint to the revers. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "R" MKII Helmet 1941 dated.   "R" MKII Helmet 1941 dated.  

"R" MKII Helmet 1941 dated.  

Absolutely great stool, oh wait its the helmet I am supposed to be looking at, now that's the way I like them with wear and tear.

?

I could not agree more that looks a like a great stool or ottoman can we get a few more images of it taken at a bit of a distance so we can see it in its entirety
    I rather like the Mk II as well thanks for the extra images Leon IMO the over paint and the covered lettering just adds to the history of the piece.

Regards Mark
    Last edited by Mark K; 09-20-2014 at 03:53 PM.

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    I could not agree more that looks a like a great stool or ottoman can we get a few more images of it taken at a bit of a distance so we can see it in its entirety
    I rather like the Mk II as well thanks for the extra images Leon IMO the over paint and the covered lettering just adds to the history of the piece.

Regards Mark
    Sorry gent's , the stool is a bog standard issue without any unit markings! Gentle on the backside but useless against heavy artillery. Leon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2