Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RA 1939 helmet

Article about: Yeap, the paint color, inside, looks of correct shade but actually seems as new, as is around the rim... Very suspicious. The only positive thing is, as said before, the screw and the bolt a

Default RA 1939 helmet

Dear collectors, I wish to submit to your attention my last acquisition: this one should be a british RA camo helmet, with 1939 made liner. The shell's maker is really faint, covered by the paint.
    I'd like to have your appreciated opinion on it...

RA 1939 helmetRA 1939 helmetRA 1939 helmetRA 1939 helmetRA 1939 helmetRA 1939 helmet
    RA 1939 helmet

Default Re: RA 1939 helmet

If your asking about if its original or not, i would think that it is a quality, original piece. The chinstrap and liner seem to be correct, but the exterior paint is the only iffy thing. i can't tell if the paint is original, but i assume that the decal is.

Regards,
    Finn

?

Theres something about this lid that im not happy with but i cant put my finger on it, i dont know if its the paint, the painted decal, or the cleanliness of the interior

It is the extorior paint I am not convinced about. The wear does not look correct. It appears to have been rubbed down with an abrasive.

Cheers, Ade.

Thank you gentlemen; I can tell you bolt and screw of the liner are soldered togheter, as they stayed there for long time... Me too I'm not convinced by the kaky paint, but what do you think about the RA decal (round)?

I have not made any kind of study of these arm of service flashes worn on helmets, but I cannot recall seeing a round version before?

Cheers, Ade.

?

I saw that lid on Ebay. I even bid on it but I wasn't convinced by the Khaki paint either. I still would have bought it but you beat me to the draw.

Ade, on Ebay the seller explained that the circular flash was pre war Territorial army as I recall.

Thanks to you all; if anyone has more clues on the decal, please talk!

Quote by noelh View Post
    I still would have bought it but you beat me to the draw.
    Sorry noelh... The British helmet collectors' family seems to be quite small...

?

Is it me or does there seem to be minimal, if any wear on the interior paint, even around the rim seems almost"new"! Or am I looking at something that isnt there? Even the chin-strap loops look as though there is minimal wear to them, nothing like I would expect on a 70 year old helmet.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

?

Hi,
    The outside paint looks wrong to me, or put it this way I would not be happy to buy it, the inside looks wrong as well. So the chances are the R.A flash is wrong as well, But that's not to say they did'nt have round flashes instead of the normal type ones.
    Aaron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RA 1939 helmet   RA 1939 helmet  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast