Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

RA 1939 helmet

Article about: Yeap, the paint color, inside, looks of correct shade but actually seems as new, as is around the rim... Very suspicious. The only positive thing is, as said before, the screw and the bolt a

Default Re: RA 1939 helmet

Yeap, the paint color, inside, looks of correct shade but actually seems as new, as is around the rim... Very suspicious. The only positive thing is, as said before, the screw and the bolt are firmly together, with lot of oxydation on the bolt. For sure, at least, it has been cleaned. The decal is on the green/gray paint, under the khaki one...

Its been sanded back for sure, probably with a very fine grit 1000-1200.

?

Quote by ziomanno View Post
    Sorry noelh... The British helmet collectors' family seems to be quite small...
    Indeed, well it keeps the prices down. My collection consists of a MkII the Irish version, MkIV and a Mk6 in Afghanistan guise. Surely a future collectors item. I feel the need to fill in the gaps from the Mk 1 to the Mk7. Also various Commonwealth variations. Although I can hold off on the Mk7. Half the British army haven't been issued with it yet!

?

Quote by noelh View Post
    Indeed, well it keeps the prices down. My collection consists of a MkII the Irish version, MkIV and a Mk6 in Afghanistan guise. Surely a future collectors item. I feel the need to fill in the gaps from the Mk 1 to the Mk7. Also various Commonwealth variations. Although I can hold off on the Mk7. Half the British army haven't been issued with it yet!

You have NO chance of getting the latest British helmet yet Noel, the guys are having to hand them back in at the end of their Afghan tours, they are in that short supply!!

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

?

They need them more than me at the moment. It would be theft not to say immoral to acquire one. But I dare say there are at least three very second hand Mk7s in the hands of the Royal Irish Regiment right now. All took bullet hits without injury to the soldiers concerned. They will no doubt end up in the regimental museum.

Nice one tinlid!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2