Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

a rather salty cph and turtle helmet

Article about: just got back from our first camping holiday of the year and whilst browsing the local bric a brac shops found a very sorry looking pair of helmets ,as they were priced at 7 quid each i just

Default a rather salty cph and turtle helmet

just got back from our first camping holiday of the year and whilst browsing the local bric a brac shops found a very sorry looking pair of helmets ,as they were priced at 7 quid each i just couldn't resist and as i didn't want to break them up took both home the shop owner reckons the cph was swiss issue ? the turtle as you see has had some free hand artwork dedicated to squadron leader dowling which has been laquered over the olive drab ,this must of been done around the date shown (1985)as the rust has bleed through in places my research shows TACEVAL as tactical evaluation ?,im just wondering if anybody can add any thoughts or maybe shed more light on them ,thanks in advance , james a rather salty cph and turtle helmeta rather salty cph and turtle helmeta rather salty cph and turtle helmeta rather salty cph and turtle helmeta rather salty cph and turtle helmeta rather salty cph and turtle helmet

Very nice James both very intresting and 7 quid each not often you find things for that price anymore, thanks for posting and as ever loving your finds and collection

Matt

hi matt and thanks mate the zuckerman is really not in the best condition but the price was a no brainer and as the missus gave me the nod i snapped them upim not use to seeing black coated cph's ,i suppose its more a relic as it has no liner ,for some reason i really like the turtle helmets too and find them appealing to collect ,im sure from memory all mine seem to be dated 1952 ,id be interested to learn from other members if there turtles are from this period too,thanks as always for your interest in my threads

Hi James, you cannot go wrong for £7.00 each & if you are camping and desperate for the loo, these "lift the dot" turtles make a great guzunder!! Leon.

thanks leon your comment gave me a chuckle and i can just see that image now cheers buddy ,james

Quote by James C View Post
    hi matt and thanks mate the zuckerman is really not in the best condition but the price was a no brainer and as the missus gave me the nod i snapped them upim not use to seeing black coated cph's ,i suppose its more a relic as it has no liner ,for some reason i really like the turtle helmets too and find them appealing to collect ,im sure from memory all mine seem to be dated 1952 ,id be interested to learn from other members if there turtles are from this period too,thanks as always for your interest in my threads
    I only have a MK III dated 1944 but my brother has a MK IV turtle helmet and is dated 1952

Matt

Quote by Steelhead10 View Post
    I only have a MK III dated 1944 but my brother has a MK IV turtle helmet and is dated 1952

Matt
    Hi Matt, now that must be a race worth watching, brothers trying to get down to the local militaria fair first!! Good stuff, is your brother on the forum as well? If not "lean on him"!! Leon.

good stuff matt if i had a brother im sure our house would be like that 1970's kids programme muti-coloured swop shop perhaps i should start a poll to get a general consensus on these post war turtle date stampsis there anybody who can add any thoughts to the black zuckerman and shield decal ?

Hi James, my thoughts would be British Red Cross. Their cap badge was this design.

The cap is out of Lez's collection.

I have a spare liner for one if you need it. Drop me a PM.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture a rather salty cph and turtle helmet  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Here's an black CPH belonging to RP/G, & as these helmets were for private purchase to individuals & people like the red cross they do come in different colours.
    The Mk4 was first produced from late 44 early 45 until January 46, about 1,368,000 were made.
    They then started production again in the early 50's, for how long I don't know,but the liners were upgraded at different times.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture a rather salty cph and turtle helmet   a rather salty cph and turtle helmet  

a rather salty cph and turtle helmet  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast