Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

raw edge helmet

Article about: hello all. can you please help me identify this raw edge helmet its mark up as 1941 have been told it might be a nfs helmet just wondering why it has a raw edge

baz
    ?

Default raw edge helmet

hello all. can you please help me identify this raw edge helmet its mark up as 1941
    have been told it might be a nfs helmet
    just wondering why it has a raw edge

Default Re: raw edge helmet

Australian helmets have a raw edge, though I could not say if this is one of them. There is another helmet that is commonly dated 1941 with a raw edge but sadly I can'y remember what it is for.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

During the early part of 1941 BMB made these raw edge helmets, quite a number of them that I've seen were used by the NFS. The rest would also have been used on the home front & not for military use.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture raw edge helmet   raw edge helmet  

raw edge helmet  

baz
    ?

thanks for replying great photos and good information but do i repaint it or leave it as is
    thanks again

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Australian helmets have a raw edge, though I could not say if this is one of them. There is another helmet that is commonly dated 1941 with a raw edge but sadly I can'y remember what it is for.
    Baz,if you have not already,check around the underside of the rim,there could be a makers mark or if Australian there might be a CS followed by a production number.However by the looks you might not be able to see through the paint ?
    Nice one anyway
    Mick