Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Red Cross Mk II: Army, RAF, RN or ARP/CD ?

Article about: Here comes a recently purchased MK II Helmet dated 1942, South African Jaeger Rand liner produced in 1940, sporting a red cross on a white square. The paint colour is of a slightly bluish/gr

Default Red Cross Mk II: Army, RAF, RN or ARP/CD ?

Here comes a recently purchased MK II Helmet dated 1942, South African Jaeger Rand liner produced in 1940, sporting a red cross on a white square. The paint colour is of a slightly bluish/greenish hue, not the usually Army khaki green. I was just wondering whether this helmet could be issued to the Army, RAF, RN or some organizations as ARP or CD? Any clues? Thank you in advance for your knowledge!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Red Cross Mk II: Army, RAF, RN or ARP/CD ?   Red Cross Mk II: Army, RAF, RN or ARP/CD ?  

Red Cross Mk II: Army, RAF, RN or ARP/CD ?   Red Cross Mk II: Army, RAF, RN or ARP/CD ?  

Red Cross Mk II: Army, RAF, RN or ARP/CD ?   Red Cross Mk II: Army, RAF, RN or ARP/CD ?  

Red Cross Mk II: Army, RAF, RN or ARP/CD ?  

?

Default Re: Red Cross Mk II: Army, RAF, RN or ARP/CD ?

Any chance of a picture of the whole of the inside so we can see the type of chin strap lugs. I see the shell is dated 42, I can make out a D above the date can you tell me what the other letters are.
    Thanks.

?

"W", I suppose, "WD" - Wiliam Dobson & Son. Or "War Department", but I don't think so.
    Piotrek

?

I thought it was WD for William Dobson but they only produced them from 38-40, but this list is old & might not be correct.

?

Oh, indeed! You're totally right, Aaron.
    Piotrek