Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

rexine in pith/police helmets

Article about: I have been trying to work out the age of a police helmet that has come into me. and so far i have hit a brick wall, the only clue i have is that the internals remind me of the rexine materi

Default rexine in pith/police helmets

I have been trying to work out the age of a police helmet that has come into me.
    and so far i have hit a brick wall, the only clue i have is that the internals remind me of the rexine material used in a few royal marine pith helmets i have dating from the mid 30's
    Does anyone know when rexine was first used in police/pith helmets?

rexine in pith/police helmetsrexine in pith/police helmetsrexine in pith/police helmets

at least the 30's.

Cant help with the materials Im afraid,but my father used to wear a helmet made like that in the seventies. Possibly covered cork ? In the eighties (I think) with all the riots and civil unrest they swapped to a harder shelled helmet and different chin strap arrangement more like the sort seen on military helmets.Sorry its a bit vague, just a few memories.

It looks pre -war to me.

Thanks guys, my thoughts were 30's (ish) with it being such a small size too, it only just fits on the small girl mannequin head!