Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Searching for a good M1 Vietnam era... opinions?

Article about: Hi in my constant search for a nice M1 helmet Vietnam era, I found this for sale... It can be a good choice? Thanks in advanced

Default Searching for a good M1 Vietnam era... opinions?

Hi
    in my constant search for a nice M1 helmet Vietnam era, I found this for sale...

It can be a good choice?

Thanks in advanced
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Searching for a good M1 Vietnam era... opinions?   Searching for a good M1 Vietnam era... opinions?  

Searching for a good M1 Vietnam era... opinions?   Searching for a good M1 Vietnam era... opinions?  

Searching for a good M1 Vietnam era... opinions?   Searching for a good M1 Vietnam era... opinions?  

giving this a bump.

Mart

Thought you said nice not rank,pass on it not worth the money,wait for a better exampe to come along,there's a few floating about.

Ok thank,
    can you say, what's not good on this helmets?
    And... have you advice for me... where I can find a very nice Vietnam M1 with orinal cover (preferably with original inscriptions and graffiti)?
    Thanks
    Partisan

Well to begin with the A washers are rotten,the Mitch is very worn and faded,as for Graffiti there a minefield as to whether there period or modern?vast majority never marked there covers as they were particulary fond of them and in some way felt it would be an insult to mark them.

Hi, I would pass on this one as the rusted "A" washers will most likely have rotted the webbing system, put to much pressure on it and the whole assembly may collapse. Leon.

I can't understand why so many want graffiti anyway,the Mitch is such an iconic piece of Nam era field gear,it should be left alone as the makers intended it to be,just my opinion.

I'm curious as to why the worst out of 3 has been shown,the other Infantry is fantastic in comparrison,also the m1c is nice to for an extra $10,this seller sells a very mixed bag of lids from dreadful to mint examples.

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    I can't understand why so many want graffiti anyway,the Mitch is such an iconic piece of Nam era field gear,it should be left alone as the makers intended it to be,just my opinion.
    You can blame movies Like Full Metal Jacket and the general Hollywood-ism's of the Vietnam war for the helmet graffiti. Helmet graffiti, people in the "squad" with American cities as nicknames, the list goes on. But you of course know this.

OP: I personally would pass on this helmet.

Searching Ebay US for varying terms provides plenty of Vietnam era shells, I have seen and bought a few at Surplus stores, so they are definitely still out there.