Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

St John's ambulance brigade

Article about: Not all of these St Johns Amb' are from Ireland I'm sure, once we have the pics hopefully might be able to tell. j.S.S. produced helmets from 38-41. Aaron

?

Default St John's ambulance brigade

St John's ambulance brigade helmet marked 1939
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture St John's ambulance brigade  

?

Default Re: St John's ambulance brigade

Insignia still intact
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture St John's ambulance brigade  

?

The liner is almost perfect
    Last edited by paddy; 11-14-2011 at 08:05 PM.

?

That's a cracking helmet you have there Being white it was probably an officer of some kind.
    The liner for some reason has been altered, the oval crown pad seems to have be cut into a cruciform, not that it detracts from a great helmet.
    Aaron

?

Thanks for that Aaron, i expected that all of the ambulance brigade, would have white helmets, so i suppose this is a scarce one then?

?

That is a nice helmet, I've never seen white one before.
    Below is a picture of the black one.
    Steve
    St John's ambulance brigade

?

Thanks for putting up that photo Aaron, i think mine is white due to it being for the Irish brigade, but it still could have been owned by someone of a higher rank, it was made by F&L

?

I came across one very like this nearly 30 years ago. Was cleaning out my attic and found it again. Always wondered what story went with it. Mine has "MOBILE OFFICER" painted beneath the St John Ambulance Brigade emblem. I know nothing about helmets. I can just about make out a stamp that I believe shows JSS. I cannot see a year but under the brim is also painted white and in truth I don't know if a year would be on it! It looks like it started out as an ordinary green helmet that was painted white.

The liner and strap are still on it.

Can anyone give me any information on it. Just intrigued by where it may have been and come from as I also work in the emergency services.

Are these decaled St John Ambulance Brigade helmets purely an Irish thing?

Hi Dybber, welcome to the forum!

The makers mark could be "JSS"? Joseph Sankey & Sons Ltd (Bilston)

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hi Ade,

There you go. Learned something new already. I am wondering if it might have been in use in Ireland during the war years? I will try and get some photos of it up later on.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast