Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

stamp marking to front rim.M1 clone?

Article about: Hi guys i've posted this here as i'm more likely to get a better knowledge of the maker stamped to the front rim.it's stamped ROCO/FP OR TP,pretty sure its not a US shell.................tha

Default stamp marking to front rim.M1 clone?

Hi guys i've posted this here as i'm more likely to get a better knowledge of the maker stamped to the front rim.it's stamped ROCO/FP OR TP,pretty sure its not a US shell.................thanks in advance guys.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture stamp marking to front rim.M1 clone?  

Jake, I agree it is not a US lid but I have not studied up on European m1 helmets. Maybe someone across the pond will be able to help.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

The stamp in the front rim says RUCO not ROCO. This helmet has been discussed in an other thread on this forum.

Still, I have no idea where this helmet has been manufactured, nor do I know who used this helmet.

Can you show us the chinstrap hardware?
    Cheers,
    Emile
    Last edited by emileverbunt; 08-28-2018 at 07:32 AM.

MAP
    ?

The RUCO stamp has been discussed years ago in a thread on WAF. They said it was a contract produced helmet for the Netherlands. No idea what RUCO stands for however.

M1 shell stamp RUCO - help - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

An example sold by Ratisbons

ratisbon's | M1 Stahlhelm US - rear seam | DISCOVER GENUINE MILITARIA, ANTIQUES & COINS

...a bit more

Soldier `Lunch` Box by finalverdict on DeviantArt

Also some have shown up in Indonesia....so makes sense it is Dutch made....

And lastly...

A bit on RUCO Valkenswaard

Cookies op ed.nl | ed.nl

(will need to use google translate for the link above but the firm was a metal manufacturer that went bankrupt)

Google Translate

(this link is already translated thus why you see "Google Translate" in the link)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Look at you Michael dipping into the m1 helmet world. Your talents are endless!!!!

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Look at you Michael dipping into the m1 helmet world. Your talents are endless!!!!

Marty
    Just a few minutes of digging via Google! My knowledge of M1's is low and M1 Euro Clones is ZERO
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Ok cheers guys another poor b......... getting messed over on the Bay again,should do there homework first.................

To my mind this is not a Dutch used helmet at all (Could you show us a picture of the chinstrap hardware?).

There is a photo of a RUCO marked helmet with a German duckcloth liner in it. If that combination is original, the RUCO helmet could be a German M1965 (Zweiteilige Stahlhelm).

It is worth it to pursue this identification. I look forward to pictures of the chinstrap!

Cheers,
    Emile