Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

AS stamp in MKII

Article about: Inside the dome of a 1939 MKII. I have see SS stamps, but not AS. Any idea what it stands for ?

SMP
    ?

Default AS stamp in MKII

Inside the dome of a 1939 MKII. I have seen SS stamps, but not AS. Any idea what it stands for ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture AS stamp in MKII  

I didn’t know that you were familiar with the inside of helmets as nets are usually restricted to the outside. :-)

.....not seen that marking before.....

?

Is it where the dome pad/cruciform pad goes, if so added before liner was fixed in place.

SMP
    ?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Is it where the dome pad/cruciform pad goes, if so added before liner was fixed in place.
    Yes, right at the crown ( you can see the hole for the screw in the photo )

Disappointed the answer is not in "the book" Adrian. A partial refund is in order , me thinks !

I was about to reply that the book’s not about the helmets but about the markings applied to them......but this is precisely what this is.......doh!!

Volume 2 perhaps.......

SMP
    ?

Might add, the shell also has a number "3" , though that is clearly hand painted, and likely added after the liner was fitted. ( as were the dead insects IMO !)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture AS stamp in MKII  

?

Only the helmet manufacturer or place of assembly would have seen this stamp, once the liner was in place.

SMP
    ?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Only the helmet manufacturer or place of assembly would have seen this stamp, once the liner was in place.
    Indeed. I am guessing a lot of us have early helmets with these stamps in them which we don't know about .

Hallo, it's possible Amagnetic Steel ?

In italian language is correct "Acciaio Amagnetico", i not know if is correct in this variant for english language olso.
    Last edited by psycopis; 05-24-2020 at 10:21 PM.