Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

stretcher party overpainted leader warden mk11

Article about: a bit of a mouthfull i know here is a recent pickup not pristine by any means but as i like my lids salty it will look great on the shelf ,my columbo detective work if i have this right is i

Default stretcher party overpainted leader warden mk11

a bit of a mouthfull i know here is a recent pickup not pristine by any means but as i like my lids salty it will look great on the shelf ,my columbo detective work if i have this right is its a london area issued helmet and the broad black line on the overpaint puts it as pre 1941 ,the vero liner is dated 1938 oh and one more thing ,the chinstrap shows a lot of wear with one sprung section missing completely but im sure sourcing a replacement wont be to hard stretcher party overpainted leader warden mk11stretcher party overpainted leader warden mk11stretcher party overpainted leader warden mk11stretcher party overpainted leader warden mk11stretcher party overpainted leader warden mk11stretcher party overpainted leader warden mk11stretcher party overpainted leader warden mk11stretcher party overpainted leader warden mk11stretcher party overpainted leader warden mk11stretcher party overpainted leader warden mk11stretcher party overpainted leader warden mk11stretcher party overpainted leader warden mk11stretcher party overpainted leader warden mk11
    Regards James

?

Stretcher party would have been used in London only, as apposed to FAP for the rest of the Country.
    I'm never normally keen on helmets painted white inside, but can't fault it.

?

Very nice example, I really like the crackle glaze patina, and as a result shows real character and age James,congrats on another superb addition

It's got a great "been there" look about it!...

Nice one James, anything whether it be helmets/awards etc always look better in "used" condition in my opinion. Minty stuff is all well and good but for me it just lacks that real been there done that thing. Leon.

Salty but alright James,take a look at my thread on "white warden helmet"...................

Very nice James well done on this one.

thanks for all the nice comments gents ,well its settling in alreadystretcher party overpainted leader warden mk11
    Regards James

im wondering if the SP would commonly be found on the front and rear of these mk11's ?here's an interesting period referance picture ,i know hard to speculate on if the inner crown was painted white too but it certainly looks that way ,also another update on the helmet display as it stands todaystretcher party overpainted leader warden mk11stretcher party overpainted leader warden mk11
    Regards James

James how comes you never run out of room for your display purposes?everytime you show various items or area's of topic there always seems to be enough room,do you alternate stuff around?i've got a couple of boxes in the loft of bits and pieces,I need a man-cave..........

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast